Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
cant read publisher content from player
tristanPostOctober 11, 2015, 08:19
October 11, 2015, 11:58
Normal topiccant read publisher content from player

Hi guys i'm having hard times trying to use the publisher field. i use swinsian and jriver media center to manage my music collection. they both can't read the content of publisher field. all the other tag works perfectly. i'm using yate 3.8.1. any suggestion?

2MR2PostOctober 11, 2015, 08:42
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: cant read publisher content from player

This is a mapping issue. Yate is using Label and they are using Publisher. I know that this sounds strange but Yate uses Label because that's what most other taggers used when it was first released. Publisher was then added on request as some users wanted to differentiate between Label and Publisher. Yate's Publisher is not a standard field. The standard 'well defined' field in the audio files is mapped by Yate's Label field. Whatever you put in Label in Yate, will appear in their Publisher field. Most tagger applications have only one field and it's about 50-50 as to whether it's called Label or Publisher.

I've toyed with the idea of letting you flip the definition...but I have not yet got around to it 🙁

tristanPostOctober 11, 2015, 11:36

yeah i saw that on your changelogs, but unfortunately i'm talking about the publisher field and not the label field (that actually works as any other field). I have tons of music with publisher field filled and i wish to keep that field for label informations. i also use publisher field because of swinsian, it has only the publisher field and there's no way to add costum fields.

2MR2PostOctober 11, 2015, 11:58
Administrator

Yate maps Label to:
TPUB (ID3), ----/LABEL (MPEG-4), LABEL FLAC

It maps publisher to:
TXXX/PUBLISHER (ID3), ----/PUBLISHER (MPEG-4), PUBLISHER (FLAC)

As far as I know JRiver maps their Publisher field to TPUB (ID3) .... at least they used to. If they support both Label and Publisher edit both fields to different values in JRiver. Open the file in Yate and see what Yate fields or UDTI they are mapping to and then you should be able to coordinate the fields.

... or I'm missing something 🙂

2MR2PostOctober 11, 2015, 12:08
Administrator

I just found a file edited by JRiver. A user sent it to me to validate their mappings. Their Publisher field appears in Yate's Label field as I thought.

If you figure out where Swinsian writes it's Publisher field we can work something out.

tristanPostOctober 11, 2015, 13:42

after some attempt it seems that there are problems only with flac files. with mp3 files ,as you said, the jriver's publisher is label and i have no problem with the yate's tagging.

With flac things are a bit different. With flac there's no way to see the yate's publisher or label in the jriver's or swinsian's publisher. jriver has a library field manager that let you add costum field, i added label field. i can se yate's label field in costum jriver's label field. In swinsian there's not a solution of this problem because i can't add costum fields.
if i try to write the standard jriver publisher field yate doesn't see anything neither in label field neither in publisher field. If i write in the costum label field yate will see the changes in label field.
I have mp3 and flac files, also a i convert flac to mp3, so it's not a good solution to use two different field for the same info.

2MR2PostOctober 11, 2015, 15:06
Administrator

Well there are no hidden or unmapped fields in Yate's FLAC implementation. If either JRiver or Swinsian write the data to the FLAC file, Yate will place it somewhere. All FLAC field mappings are configurable in Preferences-FLAC. A field which is not directly mapped gets placed onto the UD Text or UD URL panel, depending on the name.

There are three ways to go to look for the field(s):

1) look at the UD Text and UD URL panels.
2) select a single FLAC file and do a snapshot from the Edit menu which will let you look at all tags in the file as they are represented in Yate.
3) look at what's in the files. In order to do this with the required detail, here's a little undocumented tip:
- Open Preferences and select the General Panel
- While holding down the Shift key, click on the help icon at the upper right of the window
- A Debug panel will open
- put in a line: flaclog=2
- close the Debug panel

The option will not affect files already open, so open and select a FLAC file and do a Log>Raw Data. This will show you the raw tags and their content as they exist in the file.

tristanPostOctober 11, 2015, 15:25

that's it : infos are stored in "organization" field
It seems to me a very strange field for publishing infos, anyways, Also swinsian use "organization" for publisher infos

tristanPostOctober 11, 2015, 15:26

Thank you very much for troubleshooting
p.s. your software is great !
edit: everything works fine now 😀

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.