Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Strange issue with Artwork. Please help!
PeteChicagoPostOctober 14, 2015, 07:55
October 14, 2015, 11:43
Normal topicStrange issue with Artwork. Please help!

Hello everybody! 😀

I am having a bit of a strange problem regarding the addition of artwork in flac files and I kindly request your help. 😛 This problem occurs in both Yosemite and El Capitan and I use version 3.7 of Yate.

Let's say I rip a CD into flac format and I get info of that folder and it is 500 MB. Then, after I add all info and artwork to each file, the overall folder becomes something close to e.g: 520 MB.

One way to know if the addition of all that info did happen, is by watching that it takes 2-3 seconds for each track to be saved.

So far so good...

The problem comes when I want to either remove the artwork or change it.

If I remove the image from each track and get info on the folder, the size is still 520 MB! 😯 If I change the cover (and use a much smaller image) I will still get a 520 MB folder. Additionally, the saving time in both these 2 cases happens instantaneously, instead of taking a few seconds.

Can you please help?

Many thanks!

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2015, 08:06
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Strange issue with Artwork. Please help!

This is not an issue and all is working as expected 🙂

The first time you made changes to the files, Yate had to rewrite the entire file as the padding (if any) in the files was not sufficient to receive the changes. If you then make only small changes or reduce the size of the metadata, the writes happened very quickly as Yate only rewrote a much smaller portion of the files.

Your folder size is not changing as reclaimed space gets added to the available padding in the file. You can control the removal of free space and set how much padding is retained from Preferences-Audio with the Remove Free Space and Padding settings.

My personal belief is to use the largest artwork available. The FLAC files are large to start with and the additional metadata size doesn't change much 🙂

PeteChicagoPostOctober 14, 2015, 08:20
October 14, 2015, 11:43
Normal topicRe: Strange issue with Artwork. Please help!

Many thanks for the quick reply!!
You made things much clearer now! 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.