Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Organize music
MaqrolPostOctober 15, 2015, 18:00
October 15, 2015, 21:10
Normal topicOrganize music

I downloaded yate and seems very powerful even if i need time to understand it.
So the question is :

I have my music organized as follows:

(Artist)/(album)/tracks.... In the case of multidisc album I have one folder per disc under album folder containing tracks.
Under the album folder I have non audio files too. images or folders containing artwork, cue file etc.

What I want to have is the following structure:
In the case of single disc album-> (artist)/(year) - (album)/(track number) - (title)
In the case of multidisc album-> (artist)/(year) - (album)/cd (disc number)/(track number) - (title)

And to have all the non audio files ( including the non empty folders and their sub folders) moved
under the (year) - (album) folder.

I used the movetodiscfolder2 action but:
1) if executed two times create a nesting in the album folder.
2) does not copy the non audio contents.

How can I solve the problem?

2MR2PostOctober 15, 2015, 20:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Organize music

Yah...that action won't do what you require.

It's pretty easy to create an action which does what you want if your Disc (number) and Disc Count (total) metadata is set. If is not I will need to know what the naming convention is for your current multi-disc subfolders. Is it also 'cd #'? If you don't have the Disc Count metadata, I will have to base the process off the folder names. It is slightly easier to use the metadata.

Let me know what the metadata situation is and what the current folder naming scheme is and I will generate an action to move the audio and non audio files. Moving the non audio files is not an issue.

MaqrolPostOctober 15, 2015, 23:58

I have modified the action to use destination absolute path and works fine. For me this is ok.
My problem is now the non audio files. I would like to have all the non audio files ( including the non empty folders and their sub folders) moved
Another question. I do non understand how can I create alias instead of move the files. Can you explain me?

Thanks a lot.

MaqrolPostOctober 16, 2015, 03:52

Just to be more clear.
I would like to move my Music in a new foler to organize it better.
The files are tagged. The actual organization is:
(Artist)/(album)/tracks.... In the case of multidisc album I have one folder per disc under album folder containing tracks.
The tracks are tagged correctly but but the name of the disc folder and the name of the album folder are not.
The folder containing album contains also artwork and other files like .cue and extra info.

Under the album folder (and in many case also in its sub folders) I have non audio files too. Images or folders containing artwork, cue file etc.

What I want to have is the following structure (in a new root folder):
In the case of single disc album-> (artist)/(year) - (album)/(track number) - (title)
In the case of multidisc album-> (artist)/(year) - (album)/cd (disc number)/(track number) - (title)
And to have all the non audio files ( including the non empty folders and their sub folders) moved
The better solution is to have a folder named Artwork with image files and a folder name Misc for the other files under the (year) - (Album) folder.

However having all the non audio files ( including the non empty folders and their sub folders) under the (year) - (Album) folder is good enough.

I hope to have been more clear.

Thanx

2MR2PostOctober 16, 2015, 07:25
Administrator

Okay I will use the Disc Count (i.e. disc 3 of 5) to determine if there is more than one disc.

One more issue.....better safe than sorry 🙂

Are you sure you want the artist folder based on Artist and not Album Artist? What about compilations? Whether the Part of a Compilation flag is set or the Album Artist field contains 'Various'? Do you want a separate folder where the variable (artist) is replaced by the non variable Compilation or Various Artists?

My personal collection is organized as:

,,,Optimized for sorting Album Artist/Album/Title
...Various Artists/Genre/Album/Title

The above is simply to illustrate a possible handling of compilations. Also by Optimized for sorting Album Artist I mean I remove leading articles so 'The Rolling Stones' becomes 'Rolling Stones', 'The Band' becomes 'Band', etc. Some people prefer moving the article to the end so 'The Rolling Stones' becomes 'Rolling Stones, The'.

I'm sorry to be so picky but if we don't clear up the compilation/'tracks by different artists' issue some of your albums may end up scattered.

On the non audio file issue, I do not analyze the file types so i move them in place.... which is basically your 'good enough' scenario.

2MR2PostOctober 16, 2015, 07:30
Administrator

Sorry, I missed your second to last post. The alias files are created much the same as the Move statement. There are 4 alias statements in the Action Group called 'Symbolic Links'. They are almost identical in function to the Move statement...in fact they share a common code base.

The moving of the Non Audio files is performed by the 'Move non Non Audio Files' statement.

MaqrolPostOctober 16, 2015, 09:25

Yes i see. I have tried to use it but it semms to work only for folders non containing Disc# subfolders.
Here is the code. I have modifiyed the action MoveWithdiscFolder2.

Copy the Artist field to the Album Artist field only if empty
Disc Of Calculation
Track Of Calculation per album
Save all files (Modified)
Delete Non Audio Files 'm3u/nfo/url'
Comment replace the template in the next statement with…
Comment your 'folder only' template
Run inline action 'MoveOneMultiDiscTrack' grouped
Test if the numeric value of the Disc Count field > "1" (Set result)
if true
Artwork to Parent Folder Icon
else
Artwork to Folder Icon
endif

Start MoveOneMultiDiscTrack
Copy the Disc field to Variable 1
Make Variable 1 numeric
Set Variable 2 to "CD \v1"
Copy the Album field to Variable 4
Copy the Year field to Variable 5
Make Variable 5 numeric
Copy the Album Artist field to Variable 8
Set Variable 6 to "\v8/\v5 - \v4"
Set Variable 3 to "/Volumes/MyBook/Test/\v8"
Test if the numeric value of the Disc Count field > "1" (Set result)
if true
Move to /Volumes/MyBook/Test/Album Artist/Variable 6/Variable 2/<H: TrackP2 - Title> (delete original and parent folder if empty)
Get Property Retained Path 2 -> Variable 7
Move all non audio files from Variable 7 to Variable 3, attempt subfolders (delete original and parent folder if empty)
else
Move to /Volumes/MyBook/Test/Album Artist/Variable 6/<H: TrackP2 - Title> (delete original and parent folder if empty)
Move all non audio files using retained paths, attempt subfolders (delete original and parent folder if empty)
endif

I think the error is in:

Get Property Retained Path 2 -> Variable 7
Move all non audio files from Variable 7 to Variable 3, attempt subfolders (delete original and parent folder if empty)

Thanks

2MR2PostOctober 16, 2015, 10:17
Administrator

Can you please export the action from the Action Manager and email it to me at support@2manyrobots.com. It is far easier than me recreating the changes. I'll work on it ASAP and I'll try and get you a working version today.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.