Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Key Mapping / Preferences-Shortcuts dont always stick
skyfingerPostNovember 10, 2015, 00:03
October 7, 2015, 18:55
Normal topicKey Mapping / Preferences-Shortcuts dont always stick

I have my preference file set to automatically import/export to a Settings folder in Dropbox. I'm only using Yate on 1 computer, so the file isn't being modified outside of Yate on this computer.

I subsequently tried changing the shortcut key ⌘W to Close Files / All Visible. I deleted the shortcut for Close Window and then added it next to All Visible. (I much more frequently want to "close" what I've been working on, which is usually all the files listed.)

It works great for that Yate session, but it is consistently removed upon exiting Yate. Most of the time, ⌘W does not revert to Close Window, it's just gone from the preferences entirely.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it further or if it's reproducible by others.

2MR2PostNovember 10, 2015, 08:08
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Key Mapping / Preferences-Shortcuts dont always stick

I'll take a look when I get a chance. There are a number of shortcut sequences that Apple messes with. It's possible that the shortcut binding is failing when reopening Yate. Your shortcuts have to be established each time the application opens.

Are you using Yate's Auto-import Export Preferences option in General-Preferences to do the save to Dropbox? If you are, the issue may be on the secondary import.

2MR2PostNovember 10, 2015, 08:29
Administrator

I've duplicated the issue and it has nothing to do with the saving of the preferences file. I'll have to track it down but it definitely looks like is has something specifically do do with a special shortcut. I'll get back to you with more information when available.

2MR2PostNovember 10, 2015, 14:38
Administrator

That was painful. It had nothing to do with the ⌘W shortcut. It's an order dependent bug when Yate first loads the key bindings from the preference file. I've fixed it already and it will be in the next patch/release....whichever comes first.

skyfingerPostNovember 12, 2015, 18:47
October 7, 2015, 18:55

Thanks for the quick response (as always!)

I seem to have a knack for finding weird stuff.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.