Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Album name from enclosing folder
ZimzimPostNovember 10, 2015, 23:44
November 11, 2015, 04:40
Normal topicAlbum name from enclosing folder

I've been getting on really well with building actions, but one thing has me stumped. How can I set the album name to the name of the enclosing folder. I spent a good while reading and experimenting, I suspect it's easy but I just don't know the right search term!

2MR2PostNovember 11, 2015, 00:15
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Album name from enclosing folder

There is a Get Property statement which allows you to extract quite a bit of read only information on a track. The documentation for the statement describes the available properties in detail. In this case you can use a single Set statement with an escape sequence:

Set the Album field to "\!Folder Name!"

You don't have to manually enter the escape sequence. You can insert it via the Set statement's text field's context menu Insert Yate File Property.

Make sure you're looking at this in the forum as opposed to an email as the auto-mailer tends to eat back slash characters 🙂

ZimzimPostNovember 11, 2015, 12:43
November 11, 2015, 04:40
Normal topicRe: Album name from enclosing folder

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, and so quickly! Also, I stand and applaud your awesome software, and will leave a few excellent reviews about when I have a moment as, while very niche, Yate is such a thorough, well written app 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.