Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Ability to use variables / patterns for Log function?
skyfingerPostNovember 12, 2015, 19:11
October 7, 2015, 18:55
Normal topicAbility to use variables / patterns for Log function?

I've been using the Audio File Health Check some for files I've always suspected were a bit dodgy.

There's no real way to script the Log part in it, but I've been using Hazel to move / rename the file with a date and timestamp in the file name.

Yate, however, has access to the files in addition to the name of the log passed to it earlier. I was seeing if there was a way to name the Log file either something based on the file metadata tags or the original log name. I'm not seeing any capability, though, just an actual file name and path.

I'm not even sure that the log options available there (Text, raw data, etc) would work in this instance. I'm trying to save the resulting log that Yate displays at the end automatically, and preferably, with some meaningful name.

2MR2PostNovember 12, 2015, 19:19
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Ability to use variables / patterns for Log function?

I'm missing something here. Too many things called log files 🙂

Audio File Health Check produces a log file which is merely a text file There is no way to script the naming of the file or what it looks for or how it presents the data.

The produced file can be read and massaged by Yate as it is just a text file. If fact that's what the "Yate Repair Action" does.

Yates's log options are different and are largely used to 'dump' a file's metadata in a variety of formats.

In addition to the ability to manipulate text files and CSV/TSV database files, v3.10 will be adding the ability to query CSV/TSV database files directly.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.