Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
new to Yate
GuestPostDecember 14, 2015, 22:27

Normal topicnew to Yate

Brand new to this - can't get it to link with iTunes.
What am i doing wrong, or what do I need to do?

2MR2PostDecember 14, 2015, 22:48
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: new to Yate

Yate links to iTunes by matching metadata. If you have Title, Album and Artist metadata which is in the files and the same in iTunes you can link by opening the tracks in Yate, selecting them and doing a Link to iTunes. Linkage persists until tracks are closed.

If that's not working, you are either missing required metadata or the metadata in iTunes and the files is out of sync (i.e. not the same). If this is the case you can drag tracks from iTunes into Yate's main window. The quantity of tracks that open in Yate depends on the Open mode. The tracks which are actually dragged will link as iTunes 'tells' Yate where they are. Playlist mode is the preferred Open Mode if you are going to use the method.

Once linked in this manner whatever changes you make to the tracks in Yate will be synched back to iTunes and you should not have to do it in this manner again. (Assuming you have saved the correct minimum amount of metadata while linked).

V3.10 which is in non public limited preview now, has some new options which make this 'lack of metadata' option a little more manageable. Every track in iTunes has a so called Permanent ID. It is not really permanent but it is not transitory either. If you are only initially working with a single iTunes library, v3.10 lets you drag over tracks from iTunes and retain the PID. This means that you can go through one rather annoying session dragging over 'thousands or more' tracks at a time, retain the PIDs and from that point on link and clean up tracks at your leisure being guaranteed that linking will be available.

If you or any other user would like to take advantage of this functionality now, simply send an email to support@2manyrobots.com and we'll send you the Preview information.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.