Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Display Problem in Comments Field
LouisMackey111PostJanuary 16, 2016, 16:10
November 8, 2014, 19:45
Normal topicDisplay Problem in Comments Field

Hi all,

I see a problem in the comments field after running an action, at times the comment field looks D o u b l e d S p a c e d, I copied the field to a hex editor to check and there are no extra spaces, I can't make it happen, but when editing multiple files, it bound to happen one or more times, while many files show the comments field fine.

Confused.

Attached are a couple of screen shots of two files one good, one not.
any ideas?

2MR2PostJanuary 16, 2016, 16:31
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Display Problem in Comments Field

The text is blue to imply that there are invalid characters in the data. Mac controls display <CR><LF> as two <LF>s. You can fix this in a variety of ways.

1) You can select all the text and from the context menu do a Yate Transformations>Remove Invalid Characters
2) In the Multi Field Editor you can use the Trim function with settings as in the attached image.
3) or you can use the Trim action statement with the same settings as in #2

Any of the above methods will fix your issue.

LouisMackey111PostJanuary 17, 2016, 13:30
November 8, 2014, 19:45

Thanks for the response.

There are no blue characters in the Comments Field; I did notice blue characters when doing some other editing and am very thankful for the visual clue that somethings up.

I tried the Transform submenu item and it works well.

However the Trim option(s) does not, I tried both (MFE) and Action and no change was make, would really like to script this.

2MR2PostJanuary 17, 2016, 14:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I'm not sure how the transform could work and not the other two methods. Remove Invalid Characters calls Trim with Control, Normalize newline sequences and Remove All.

If you have a file which displays the issue, please do a File>Export... on the file then email me the produced plist to support@2manyrobots.com. (I do not need any produced artwork blobs). I'll take a look at what's in the file.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.