Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Yate ---> Audirvana Sync
VoiceinaboxPostMay 23, 2016, 06:33
May 7, 2016, 15:57
Normal topicYate ---> Audirvana Sync

Not sure if I have to post this in the Yate or the Audirvana Forum ( maybe both )

An example of recurring problems, that I'm unable to comprehend ( but I'm doing something wrong for sure ).

Files correctly tagged in Yate ( via Discogs ) appears totally differently in Audirvana, whatever I do.

One three discs CD divided into three parts with the same Album Name, Album Artist Name, and I get a mess in Audirvana.

Any idea to help me correct this very frustrating thing?

Thanks

Dominique

2MR2PostMay 23, 2016, 08:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Yate ---> Audirvana Sync

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. Is it the seemingly orphaned Track 5 on Disc 2?

Yate works with files as its base units. As such, if the metadata appears correct in Yate, there is not much I can alter. Unfortunately you will have to contact the Audirvana people to see why things do not display as expected in Audirvana. I know that Audirvana detects changes to tracks in its maintained folders by file system notifications which are issued when an application (Yate) modifies the files. This does not appear to be a synching issue as Audirvana does seem to know that all the tracks are there.

I'm assuming that Audirvana compatibility has been set for Yate's Audio Preferences. Perhaps the correct way for Audirvana to handle multi-disc albums is to have all the tracks in the same folder. You'd have to ask them or you can try it. If that is the case I can supply you with something to move the files.

If you hear from them that something does not appear correct in the files or if they need to contact us, Im more than willing to provide whatever assistance is required.

I wish I had a clearly solution for you.

VoiceinaboxPostMay 23, 2016, 09:23

Well you GAVE me the solution.

From your answer I deducted (I'm a Simple Mind I know) that the problem resides in the fact that although the files are tagged properly in Yate, keeping them in separate folders in the Audirvana Library prevents them to appear properly. I will submit that one to the Audirvana Forum because it seem to me very awkward.

I did it manually and everything went fine, Thanks a lot.

Now from your answer also, seemingly there is an automatic way to move files tagged in Yate into a single folder.

I didn't until now dare to play with that kinf of things, I'm too afraid of messing things up with 6000 albums already transferred into Audirvana.

Do I understand properly that I could have all my Library Folders organized automatically into an hierarchic "AlbumArtist" "Artist" "Album" "CD# without messing all things up?

2MR2PostMay 23, 2016, 11:10
Administrator

Glad the merging worked. It was a guess.

Yate can move/rename your folder/file structure to whatever you wish. While all the modification times on the files/folders will be set automatically, I cannot guarantee that Audirvana will properly update its library. Audirvana watches folders. I don't know if you are watching a single folder and everything under it or if you are monitoring multiple folders. It seems to me that in the worst case you would simply have to "unwatch" the root folder then add it back. If however, you are monitoring 6000 folders separately, this will be extremely unpleasant.

I will send you an action to run to determine the state of your folder structure and how multi-cd albums are stored. Once I see the produced db, I may be better able to tell you how to go about making the changes.

I'll send you the action offline. I'll try and get it out later today.

VoiceinaboxPostMay 23, 2016, 14:40

🙂 Don't worry I'm not that foolish. I keep a "Heaven" folder, another one (Hell) with MP3 (not lower than 256 though), and a third one called "Purgatory" which contains all of my "problems", so I should be safe.

Thank for your help.

Dominique

2MR2PostMay 23, 2016, 15:15
Administrator

I sent you a file to your forum email address.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.