Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Multiple folder in one folder in Audirvana Plus
offtheroadPostAugust 30, 2016, 18:15
Advanced
September 3, 2015, 14:04
Normal topicMultiple folder in one folder in Audirvana Plus

I use Audirvana Plus as my music player and I keep getting multiple folders about 4 ending up in one folder. That folder happens to be the first folder in the A+ library. I thought I had it beat using YATE and retagging. I did fix about 2 and I don't know what I did to remedy that. There are 2 more I could get into my screen.

2MR2PostAugust 30, 2016, 18:25
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Multiple folder in one folder in Audirvana Plus

I do not know the methodology used in Audirvana to determine what is an album or folder. Baring asking the developer, I can share that a number of users have found that it helps to copy an entire album to the same physical folder. ie. do not place separate CDs in their own folder. Further, it may help to standardize the Album name. ie. Remove the (Disc 1, Disc 2) from the Album field. Use the Disc metadata field to specify the disk. The Yate rename and move functionality can be told to automatically handle duplicate names.

To sum up:

- one album one folder
- one album one Album field
- use Disc and Track fields for differentiation

offtheroadPostAugust 30, 2016, 18:47
Advanced

Thanks for the speedy reply. I didn't name anything Disk 1 or 2v I do copy only one album to the A+ (Audirvana Library. And I'm using your forum because I'm trying to learn YATE and the Developer of A+ won't answer posts in there forum so I use http://www.computeraudiophile.com forum all the time, they are very good. They recommended your software. Where is the Disc metadata field located. It doesn't show it on there help pages/. Thanks

2MR2PostAugust 30, 2016, 18:59
Administrator

Disc is on the Info editing panel...where Title, Genre, Album, etc. are

I can only assume that the Disc metadata is inconsistent as Audirvana is finding a disc 0 and disc 1. (from the image).

When you copy the album to Audirvana make sure that all tracks (regardless of disc number) are in the same folder. Also make sure that your Album metadata is consistent. As I said, this has worked for other users.

offtheroadPostAugust 30, 2016, 19:05
Advanced

Thank You I'll work on it. I was confused about the colored dots. I thought when you load a new album or CD into YATE and in front of the areas to be filled it,if there was a green dot it meant not to put any thing in because it was ok as is?

2MR2PostAugust 30, 2016, 19:17
Administrator

We're not that smart 🙂

Green dot/no change. Red dot/something changed. No intelligence, just the detection of something different in the initial and current values.

offtheroadPostAugust 30, 2016, 19:33
Advanced

Funny, when you said a few posts back "Use the Disc metadata field to specify the disk" I assumed everything throughout YATE was Metadata. So I guess I'll fill in as many fields as I can no mayor what color the dot. I do favor you App one a few that I've tested. I'll get it right, just a little slow for a 68 yr old.

2MR2PostAugust 30, 2016, 19:50
Administrator

Just fill in the data that makes sense to you and you want to use. There is no right or wrong way to tag your music. It should be tagged in a way that is meaningful to you and makes sense to you. I know that there are those that don't subscribe to this methodology but I've always tagged my collection to represent my person usage. Tagging is great...listening is better.

....and you really don't have that many years on me. 🙂

offtheroadPostAugust 30, 2016, 20:24
Advanced

I agree I'm new to tagging and my music never sounded better than the way equipment wise I'm listening to it. It just I got to figure out why just these files about 5 of them are ending up stuck in that one folder.

offtheroadPostAugust 31, 2016, 08:04
Advanced

I think I fixed the problem by filling in as many areas as possible. Thanks

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.