Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4
I need Basic YATE help
offtheroadPostSeptember 1, 2016, 18:45
Advanced
September 3, 2015, 14:04
Very Hot topicI need Basic YATE help

I'm a newB. Here is my problem. I'm build independent folders with 70's music in them. I labele them each 70's Hits 1 on up thru 7. I have many more to build but the 7th one ends up in the beginning as if it were 1. I check thru and thru my tagging as elementary as it is and matched the number 7 disk exactly like all the others which line up perfect but when I put in the number 7 folder A+ it goes to the beginning of the pack. I use ( and I realize you guys aren't expected to know all music app's) I use Audirvana Plus better known as A+ I hesitate to send images because there filled in so elementary but they work up to number 6. I don't plan on using the tagging for searching out certain tracks I just want them to be in order. I know I didn't put in the total track numbers or disk 1 of 7 or what ever but when I would do that the folders would line up. At first I thought the more tags I filled in the better but it worked better the other way around. Also before I started all this I didn't realize you had to get involved with writing code to tag but I could be wrong, So I just need to know how to keep multiple folders in a numeric order. Thanks you have been helpful so far.

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:25
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Very Hot topicRe: I need Basic YATE help

Well, I'm no A+ expert but a number of users have told me that the only way to get multiple CD Albums to display correctly is to make sure that the tracks are in the same folder and that the Album field is consistant. The Disc field is used to establish the disc associations.

Now as you're creating separate folders and naming each album differently, 70's Hits 1, 70's Hits 2, etc. You should be okay as long as everything else is consistant.

We can do this all from the UI without writing any actions.

Do the following:

- load an entire folder. For example "70 Hit's 1"
- select all the files. Click on any track and enter Command-A. For all subsequent steps we want all tracks selected.
- Now depending on your settings the Title field will show either ??? or ... This is correct as all the titles are different.
- More than likely the same is true for the Artist field. It's doubtful that every track has the same artist. This is also okay.
- The Year values may be inconsistant that that should be okay.
- The Album Artist field must have a consistant value. If it does not, enter "Various Artists" or whatever you'd like to use.
- we'll come back to the Track fields
- The Album field must have a single value. "70 Hit's 1" is fine.
- set the Disc and Disc of fields to 1. Your "70 Hit's 1" only has a single disc.
- Grouping, BPM, Composer, Comments, Rating should be irrelevant.
- Genre should be irrelevant to the issue but seeing how it's 70's hits you could set it to "Classic Rock" as you've done in your screenshot.
- Part of a Compilation should be checked. Click it until display a check mark.
- Skip when shuffling should not be checked.
- now back to Track. From the Actions menu select "Calculate Track Of>Per Album". This will set the Track Count field.
- if you don't think that your track numbers are sequentially assigned or if you think you have duplicate track numbers ... from the Action menu select "Renumber Tracks>Per Album". This will sequentially number the tracks from 1.
- Save the changes

After doing the above "70 hit's 1" should be clean as far as A+ is concerned.

You can now repeat the above steps for each folder. Make sure that only one folder is loaded. Please note that the Disc and Disc Count field are always 1. Each folder is treated as a single disc!

A few users have told me that A+ does not react well to changes in the Album or Album Artist fields. I have not confirmed this. If this is the case you may have to remove the albums and add them back.

If your folder names are "70's Hits 1", "70 Hits's 2", etc. I can make your life a little easier.

Download the action at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/OffTheRoad-Clean Folder.zip

Unzip the file and import the plist file via Yate>Import Preferences or by dragging the plist file to the main file list area. You should now have an action called "OffTheRoad - Clean Folder". It will be displayed in the Action Manager. Actions>Manage Actions.

Load up a single folder. Please remember that the Album field is going to be set to the name of the folder! Run the action.

The action will:
- select all files if not already selected
- the Album field will be set to the folder name
- the Album Artist field will be set to "Various Artists"
- Disc and Disc Count will be set to 1
- Genre will be set to "Classic Rock"
- Part of a Compilation will be set to 1 (true)
- Skip When Shuffling will be set to 0 (false)
- the Track Count field will be calculated
- the tracks will be renumbered from 1
- the files will be saved

If you do not want the track renumbering, open the action select "Renumber Tracks form 1 per album" statement. From the context menu select Disable. Save the action.

I hope this helps.

offtheroadPostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:40
Advanced

Thank you very much I got a 404 can'r find the page, when trying to go to link you have so kindly made me. If you only knew how dead the A+ forum is.

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:46
Administrator

Oops cut and paste.

Sorry try this:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/OffTheRoad-Clean-Folder.zip

If it doesn't work from the forum, copy and paste it into a browser.

offtheroadPostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:51
Advanced

I got it and it's .plis file how do I install it?

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:54
Administrator

Import the .plist file via Yate>Import Preferences or by dragging the .plist file to the main file list area. You should then see the action in the Action Manager. (Actions>Manage Actions).

offtheroadPostSeptember 1, 2016, 21:59
Advanced

Thanks again, where you guys located?

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2016, 22:00
Administrator

To run the action:

- load one of your folders into Yate.
- from the Actions Menu: User Defined>OffTheRoad - Clean Folder

2MR2PostSeptember 1, 2016, 22:02
Administrator

Oops crossing posts. Toronto, Canada. Closing up for the evening. If you post again, I'll answer tomorrow.

offtheroadPostSeptember 1, 2016, 22:36
Advanced

Thank you very much, actions working like a charm, I'm down for the evening also. Now I have a direction for my plan.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.