Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Action to set folder tag?
artelsePostSeptember 5, 2016, 19:03
August 15, 2016, 22:20
Normal topicAction to set folder tag?

I would like to change the album folder tag to say Blue from within an action. I can't find how to do that. I looked into rename templates, but that doesn't support Finder tags. Ideas?

2MR2PostSeptember 5, 2016, 19:09
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Action to set folder tag?

Look at the 'Finder Tags' statement. It will set Finder tags on tracks or the containing folder.

artelsePostSeptember 6, 2016, 08:11

Yeah, but how do I set the variable that Finder Tag uses? I can set a named and system variable, but a regular variable? Am I correct in observing three different kind of variables?

artelsePostSeptember 16, 2016, 05:11

I like to bump this question as I can't find how to set the variable that Finder Tags uses.

2MR2PostSeptember 16, 2016, 08:12
Administrator

Sorry, I missed the previous post. It seems as is from time to time the notifications we should get from the forum don't come through.

If anyone has a post which seems to be ignored just ping us at support@2manyrobots.com.

The Finder Tags statement always uses per file variables. As with the Finder Tags support in the UI, the information is read and written when needed. It is not retained as a field as the information may changed external to Yate at any time.

If you want to set a containing folder's Finder Tags to Blue, do the following:

Set Variable 1 to "Blue"
Set folder Finder tags from Variable 1

You can easily verify Finder tags by displaying the File Tags and/or Folder Tags columns in the main window. (Folder Tags in this case).

Remember that the Finder Tags are localized by Apple. You can see the names the OS is using from the UI based Finder Tags support where there is a drop down control displaying the names.

gorilladunkPostDecember 24, 2021, 03:49
October 8, 2015, 04:43

The Finder Tags statement always uses per file variables.

What does this mean exactly? I'm just diving into variables and can't figure this one out.

I don't see a function for simply 'set variable'. I see 'set system variable' and 'set named variable'. If I set system variable 1 to 'flac' (the name of a tag I use in Finder) and then do 'set folder Finder tags from Variable 1', nothing happens when I run the action. Named variable doesn't seem to help me here either since I can only choose numbered Variables in the Finder tags function.

I'm on Big Sur if that matters, I have noticed Big Sur being a bit weird with some other tag related stuff I'm used to doing outside of Yate.

2MR2PostDecember 24, 2021, 10:35
Administrator

Track Variables are simply fields. Use the Set statement and scroll down until you see Variable 0, Variable 1.....

This is the same in any control which displays fields in a table

gorilladunkPostDecember 24, 2021, 16:45
October 8, 2015, 04:43

Beautiful, Thank you

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.