Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Invalid Database
nexus_yatePostSeptember 26, 2016, 14:32
September 26, 2016, 18:11
Normal topicInvalid Database

Hi,

I'm trying to go through the "Locating Missing Tracks" process. I have created a sample "FindMissingTracks" export set, and a "FindMissingTracks" action that uses it. The batch processor seems to correctly create a track database - it looks right to my eye at least.

When I load the incomplete album and search via Discogs or MusicBrainz, it goes OK and finds the album. But when I right-click on the "...not mapped..." field and "Look for Missing File" it displays a dialogue saying that the database is invalid. (I have set the track database correctly in the preferences.)

It's strange. The database looks to have all of the minimum required fields (Album, Title, Length, File Path, Track, Album / Artist, Artist), because I've used the sample export sets. It should be a valid track database because I've used the "Create Track Database" action.

Any ideas? I've tried many different combinations of values in the export sets, create action, etc, and none of them seems to have any effect.

(I should say, I'm a noob, so it's probably me doing something wrong, but I think I'm following the instructions closely enough that it should work.)

TIA!

2MR2PostSeptember 26, 2016, 15:11
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Invalid Database

Nope, you've found a regression. At some point I was a little too overzealous in my testing. Turns out the Database Viewer is not saving the fact that an Album column is present, as it is strictly speaking not required for a Track database. Unfortunately is is necessary for the Discogs and MusicBrainz locate missing track function.

I'll get you a patch as soon as I can. I've already tested the fix.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.