Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Multi value fields and separator question
UKenGBPostApril 9, 2021, 11:02
Advanced
April 30, 2020, 09:36
Very Hot topicMulti value fields and separator question

Without having again edited the movie I was testing, I just looked again and it is now correctly showing separate [Adventure], [Action] and [Drama] Genres. Since first experimenting with this I have performed multiple re-scans and refreshes for other reasons, but it now does look as if Plex correctly reads Single Atom / Multiple Data Genre tags.

However, to confirm that is indeed how it was last saved, how can I tell which method was used when writing the file as this is not independent from the current setting. Can I determine whether Genre is written to a single Genre Atom (with delimiters) or multiple Atoms?

2MR2PostApril 9, 2021, 12:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The is no tag written to the file to specify how the encoding takes place as it is write only and Yate reads all variants.

To determine if a particular file has a single or multiple Genre data atom do a View>Raw Data and search for ©gen. if there's more than one data atom you'll know that it had more than one Genre and was writem with Single tom / Multiple Data.

The only way to determine programmatically how a tag such as Genre was written would be to read and parse the raw data dump. I just did this for a different reason for someone else this week. (He wanted to know if a file contained an empty tag written by a different editor). This will be more efficient in v6.4.2 (going to preview on Monday) as you can extract the data dump to a named or track variable as opposed to writing it to a file.

UKenGBPostApril 9, 2021, 12:06
Advanced

if there's more than one data atom you'll know that it had more than one Genre and was written with Single tom / Multiple Data.

Surely more than one Atom of the same type means is was written as 'Multiple Data'?

2MR2PostApril 9, 2021, 12:13
Administrator

Assuming there is more than one genre:

Single Atom/Multiple Data will have a single @gen atom which will contain more than one data atom. It will have one data atom for every genre.

If written as Single Atom, there will only be one @gen atom containing a single data atom.

If written as Multiple Atoms, there will be multiple @gen atoms each containing one data atom.

UKenGBPostApril 9, 2021, 12:52
Advanced

My understanding of Atoms was incomplete. Thanks for the clarification.

UKenGBPostApril 13, 2021, 04:12
Advanced

Referring back to trying to determine how a file was written (Single, multiple atoms etc), how can I ensure existing files have the current configuration that I require? I've been writing quite a lot of files and some will be incorrect as I now have changed it to better suit Plex. How can I 'update' the files written before I got this correct?

Can I simply load them all into Yate and then force save them? Will that ensure the tags do get re-written in the currently specified mode? That simply wouldn't affect any that are already correct, but hopefully ensure all are finally correct. However, will it actually update the tag(s) to the new mode even if nothing else has been changed for the file?

2MR2PostApril 13, 2021, 07:39
Administrator

File>Save Selected Files>Save Always will work. It ignores the typical test to determine if the file is modified.

Whenever a file is written the current settings are used. All tags are converted from the high level representation to whatever encoding is dictated by the settings.

If your settings have the values you want, writing the files will guarantee the encoding you specified.

UKenGBPostApril 13, 2021, 08:25
Advanced

That's what I hoped. Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.