Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
From TSV to metadata
stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostNovember 7, 2016, 18:18
August 23, 2015, 04:28
Normal topicFrom TSV to metadata

I have a TSV file containing metadata I want to set for about 2400 tracks across about 150 discs. In addition to the metadata the TSV contains absolute paths to each track and its associated cover art.

I've looked through documentation and sample and can't wrap my heard around the process of opening the TSV and reading/parsing the data. I'm a programmer by background, so dealing with this once I understand the model should not be a problem.

The TSV contains disc #, track #, album, album artist title, artist, and the two paths mentioned above. There is one folder per album; each of the albums comprises a single disc.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Stu

2MR2PostNovember 7, 2016, 22:38
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: From TSV to metadata

Hi Stu,

I have dozens of these lying around. I'll put together a sample for you.

The basic process is to open the file as a keyless query database. Repeat over each line of the database, loading the appropriate track with a Load and Run statement.

If you send me an Export Set describing the columns it will make the sample more meaningful. If you never created an export set just send me the plist sidecar file created when you open the TSV in Yate.

2MR2PostNovember 8, 2016, 11:34
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

A sample has been uploaded to:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/ReadandProcessDatabaseBoilerplate.zip

There should be only three statements that have to be changed at the start of the action. These statements describe the name of the 'File Path' column, optionally the name of a 'Path to Artwork' column and another which describes all other columns which are to be imported. The format for the 'other' column mappings is documented. There is no assumption when processing artwork that every row has an artwork item. There are lots of other ways the reading of each row's metadata could be handled. I simply chose one.

The action is designed to be run interactively. If it runs for any length of time, progress will be displayed on the status bar. (which is another neat trick)

Load whatever files you want....none of them will be used. Run the action from the UI. Be aware that if the loaded files are modified by the action, the changes will not be reflected in the UI. The files are being loaded 'out of bounds'.

stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostNovember 9, 2016, 22:54

Hi, Barry,

Sorry, I've been swamped at work. I will take a look on Friday and take it from there.

Stu

stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostNovember 28, 2016, 13:28

Just following up to close off this thread: the action you provided is a great help.

Now if only Excel 2016 for Mac worked as well 🙁

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.