Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
iTunes 12.5.2 (or greater) and Grouping Metadata
2MR2PostOctober 22, 2017, 08:06
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: iTunes 12.5.2 (or greater) and Grouping Metadata

For most file types iTunes will not read the movement numbers from the audio files. The metadata has to be exported to iTunes. (ie. force fed).

Take a look at iTunes preferences. In 'Preference-iTunes-Fields of Interest' if you check Classical Metadata you can Import from and Export to iTunes reading or writing the classical data. In 'Preferences-iTunes-Auto Export', if you select Classical Metadata, the data will be exported to iTunes each time you save a file.

To test, do the 'Preference-iTunes-Fields of Interest' change; load the file(s) where you've tagged the movement numbers; link to iTunes, then do an Export to iTunes. It'll work. Easier to do it automatically 🙂

If you are going to be using iTunes and you want the Work Name to be handled correctly, I recommend setting the Preferences-Genera-Maximum iTunes Grouping-Work Name compatibility' setting. This will make sure that iTunes functions as expected. The only downside will be the potentially missing or incorrect Grouping metadata in other application such as Audirvana who are doing it 'right'. The 'real' Grouping data is preserved but will only be visible in iTunes or everywhere else.

Regarding screenshots.....they can only be uploaded in a Reply, not in 'Submit Quick Reply'.

downbeat8PostOctober 22, 2017, 20:38
Beginner
October 5, 2014, 04:55

Some files I seemingly couldn't delete the Work field in iTunes until I cleared the Mood field in Yate. iTunes make-ah-me-koo-koo-krazy. thanks for making Yate

2MR2PostOctober 22, 2017, 20:45
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Mood or Genre? Genre makes sense if you do not have the 'Preferences-iTunes-Maximum iTunes Grouping-Work Name compatibility' option set. This is the issue with iTunes now mapping Work Name to what everyone else maps to Grouping. iTunes ignores Mood. Sigh!!!!

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.