Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
How to add more countries to MusicBrainz action?
lightwavePostDecember 31, 2016, 12:29
December 31, 2016, 17:21
Normal topicHow to add more countries to MusicBrainz action?

I'm currently evaluating Yate before I purchase it, but one of the thing that makes it less than perfect is the list of countries in the MusicBrainz action. It can't search for albums released in Hong Kong, Taiwan or China. What's the right way to add more countries to the built-in MusicBrainz search action? Using MusicBrainz Picard correctly comes up with results.

2MR2PostDecember 31, 2016, 12:49
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: How to add more countries to MusicBrainz action?

The current MusicBrainz implementation does not target country. The API calls that are issued should match 'any' country. It is always possible to allow you to add a country parameter but in theory that should be returning fewer results.

2MR2PostDecember 31, 2016, 12:55
Administrator

If you get a chance, send me a Release ID of an album (release) and I'll take a look.

2MR2PostDecember 31, 2016, 13:47
Administrator

I've done some more analysis of this and it turns out it is a bug and has nothing do with the country code.

The routines which is escaping the Lucene search strings was replacing UTF16 characters with 8 bit characters. Basically the search text was being garbled.

Sorry about this. v3.15 will be out in a day or two and the patch will be in there.

lightwavePostJanuary 1, 2017, 01:25

Thanks for the quick turn around for a fix!

lightwavePostJanuary 1, 2017, 15:43

I think there is a related bug. When dragging Chinese songs in iTunes to Yate, it'd be able to establish link, but when opening the files via Yate and then establish the link by using File > Link to iTunes, it'd give the following errors (see attached image).

Cannot resolve file /Users/chris/Music/Manual Music/鄭嘉穎/電視劇 Yummy Yummy/01 - 與朋友共.mp3 by metadata while attempting to link to iTunes

The file has the right Artist/Title/Album for Yate to establish a link. It might be related to the encoding of the tags. I've also attached the mp3 file for you to debug if that's helpful.

2MR2PostJanuary 1, 2017, 17:29
Administrator

I'm travelling for the next two days and I cannot see the attached mp3 file. Can you please email it to support@2manyrobots.com so that I can test.

I'll have to check the code. However, in the meantime there is a foolproof method for you to link. After dragging the tracks from iTunes into Yate, do a Retain Permanent IDs. (I'm not on a Mac with Yate so the actual text in the context menu may differ). Once the permanent IDs are retained you can do a Link to iTune by Retained PIDs. (Again the text is approximate).

If you wish, there is a batch process on the Actions menu which can import all the appropriate PIDs from your library for you. The PID method of linking does not use metadata.

I will try to replicate the issue without the file.

2MR2PostJanuary 1, 2017, 20:05
Administrator

I've tried this with copied text from your error message. I can link the files successfully with all encodings and ID3 formats. So either your file has something special in it or the encoding in the file is incorrectly set to ISO-8859-1. If that was the case the file would be incorrectly read. However, you say that the metadata is correct. Did you verify that the metadata was correct in Yate as well as in iTunes? As all my attempts seem to work I'll need the file. I would guess that it is an encoding issue in the file as there is no way to pass non unicode text to iTunes via the API set that I'm using.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.036 seconds.