Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
highlight fields while tabbing
jlynessPostJanuary 23, 2017, 09:09
January 22, 2014, 14:39
Normal topichighlight fields while tabbing

In earlier versions of Yate, when I tabbed through the various tag fields in the edit panel, any existing text in each field was 'selected' (highlighted by the OS), making it easy to replace with new text. In more recent versions, the text is not selected, so I have to hit command-A to select all before replacing. Sounds dumb but this leads to a lot of extra typing as I edit files. Am I missing some way to have the text always be automatically selected when tabbing through the edit panel?

2MR2PostJanuary 23, 2017, 13:54
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: highlight fields while tabbing

Well it might be due to us building with a newer SDK. There is certainly no effort made to select or deselect the text. I'll take a look at the code and see what can be done.

2MR2PostJanuary 23, 2017, 18:11
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

It turns out that it is us doing it as opposed to something being changed in an SDK. Without digging into too many old source trees, it seems to me that it's been this way for a while.

Personally I prefer the "position the insertion point at the end of the field" method ..... but aiming to please, I've added another option to control the behaviour.

It'll appear in the upcoming v13.5.1 release.

Note that the fix reverts to the default system behaviour. Therefore it only affects single line controls. Comments, Musician Credits and Involved People are not affected and will remain as they are.

jlynessPostJanuary 23, 2017, 18:59
January 22, 2014, 14:39

This is great, as always, you are incredibly responsive, thanks very much!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.