Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Itunes Link Problems
colarunnerPostFebruary 1, 2017, 19:02
February 1, 2017, 23:42
Normal topicItunes Link Problems

Hello,

I have been using Yate for about a year now to organize my music files. My music files are located on an external hard drive, and Yate has always organized them nicely while linking them to iTunes without a hitch. I recently replaced my external HD and moved all of my music files over to the new drive. Whenever I add music, I follow the same process as I did before: move the music file to the external HD, open that file in Yate, and start tagging. Once the file has been tagged and filed (I let Yate organize my library), I can click on it in iTunes, and it plays right away. However, if I close iTunes, reopen it, and click on a newly imported song I get the message:

The song "XXX" could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?"

If I select Cancel, I get the same message. If I try to locate it, I can locate it on my external HD through the finder window. When I locate it and click on it, the link to iTunes becomes "permanent." Any help in figuring out why this might be happening would be appreciated.

Additional info: my iTunes library file is located on my computer not on my external HD. This has always been the case as I have used Tunespan in the past to manage iTunes on external storage.

Thanks.

2MR2PostFebruary 1, 2017, 19:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Itunes Link Problems

My copy of iTunes is on my Mac and all my files are on a NAS drive. The main requirement is that both Yate and iTunes access the files of the same mount path. I'm assuming the external drive is mounted. You can check a file's path in iTunes by clicking on a track and doing a Get Info. The path should be the same. More than likely it's not as Yate sees the files and iTunes doesn't. So first verify that the path's are the same.

If they are different try this. Open Yate and load a track that is not playing in iTunes. Try linking to iTunes. If it links via metadata, Yate will fix the location in iTunes. At that point it should play.

I assume that you're adding the files to iTunes via Yate. You can also try this. Add a track. Verify it Pays in iTunes. Do a GetInfo and check the path. Close iTunes, reopen it. If the track does not play see what GetInfo returns for the path.

colarunnerPostFebruary 5, 2017, 17:43
February 1, 2017, 23:42
Normal topicRe: Itunes Link Problems

Working now, thanks!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.