Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Roon
2MR2PostJune 16, 2017, 12:46
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Hot topicRe: Roon

I wish I could help. I've sent sample files off to Roon on April 27th which display what I think are a number of tag issues that they have. Other, than a confirmation that they've received the files, I have not heard back from them.

I'm not a Roon user but I have a paid subscription so that I can test and verify stuff for you people. The only way I can get anything to tag properly is to manually set every possible setting they have to use the embedded file metadata. I still have issues with test albums which contain more than one audio type and I have had to manually go in and force an album association. I can't remember how I did it, but it's doable as thats how I got it to recognize than my test files were all in the same album.

More than likely you've tried these steps already. Unfortunately, I have nothing more. 🙁

MoonloopPostJuly 10, 2017, 10:18
August 10, 2016, 22:00

Thanks for your efforts anyway. Annoyingly , when I try to change the artwork for CD1 of Bowie's 'Who Can I Be Now ? to Diamond Dogs it changes all 12 discs to the same :O( The 'Five Years' boxset is recognised as a 12 disc set but has no CD1 !! 2-disc 36 track set 'On the Road Again' is broken down into 36 different albums !!!!

Why did I ever jump from Squeezebox ;O)

~M~

2MR2PostJuly 10, 2017, 10:36
Administrator

They've reached out to me and supposedly they are working on the tagging issues. I've supplied sample files so maybe they'll make things a little easier.

Kurausu-sanPostNovember 22, 2020, 13:07
November 22, 2020, 17:34

Hope this is the right thread to post my question (if not please feel free to move this):

What I want to do: I want to edit Roon's IMPORTDATE tag by replacing the actual import date with a date way back in the past (to then manually edit newer albums) – how can I best bulk edit ca. 10,000 files?

Current situation: My initial Roon import was 2020-10-13, and the IMPORTDATE for those files is set to 2020-10-13T08:34:15Z etc. (different times during that day).

What I tried: I can read and write the UDTI "IMPORTDATE" to my album tracks, and Roon recognises the changes instantly. So I tried to find a simple solution by creating an action using Text > Replace:
Replace "2020-10-13" in named variable 'IMPORTDATE' with "2000-01-01" (Match string / all / Named variable "IMPORTDATE")

But this does not seem to work with UDTI variables (I guess a "Named variable" is not the same as a "User-defined text information"). When I execute this action on loaded tracks, the date is not changed.

I have been testing variations and looking around Yate resources for ca. 3 hours now, but I found no solution.

Can anyone help me?

Klaus

PS: I am getting increasingly fond of YATE – you have done fantastic work! The more I understand its powers the more I get excited about the possibilities it offers. You guys seem to have thought of everything! 🙂

EDIT: I was wrong – Roon seems to keep its IMPORTDATE value only in its own database, i.e. it is not written into the files, so YATE cannot read it. Instead of replacing an existing string I would therefore have to look for empty UDTI IMPORTDATE values and simply insert the whole date string "2000-01-01T12:00:00Z".

2MR2PostNovember 22, 2020, 14:30
Administrator

There are two statements which you can use to set UDTIs. Both statements support escape sequences so you can pretty much assign whatever you want to them.

Set User Defined Text Item 'IMPORTDATE' to "2000-01-01"

You could also use a User Defined Fields statement but the above Set User Defined Text Item statement is more specific and easier to use.

So basically a one line action statement as described above run through the Batch Processor will update all your files. When running the Batch Processor make sure you select the option to Auto-Save when it is displayed.

Thanks for the kind words 🙂

Kurausu-sanPostNovember 22, 2020, 15:32
November 22, 2020, 17:34

Thank you, 2MR2, that helps.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.