Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
action clear all fields except.... possible?
angelus1969PostSeptember 7, 2017, 03:54
September 7, 2017, 07:49
Normal topicaction clear all fields except.... possible?

Hello,

In taggers like mp3tag and puddletag, one can easily create an action like 'Clear all the fields except <field a> <field c> and <field u>. I can't seem to be able to create a similar one in Yate. Is this possible at all? For me this is quit a heavily used action.

Regards,

Angelo

2MR2PostSeptember 7, 2017, 06:53
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: action clear all fields except.... possible?

The Multi-Field Editor has a Clear function which works from the UI.

The Clear action statement provides the same functionality. Any combination of fields can be cleared.

angelus1969PostSeptember 7, 2017, 06:58

Quote from 2MR2 on September 7, 2017, 06:53
The Multi-Field Editor has a Clear function which works from the UI.

The Clear action statement provides the same functionality. Any combination of fields can be cleared.

Thank you, but that's not quite the same. That function saves a lot of work and it also clears data from fields that the software (like mp3tag and/or puddletag) don't usually show.
If a tag has a lot of fields filled in and one only needs a few, it far easier to do a 'clear all execept ...' than it's to manually check every field I want cleared. The Clear Action statement also is not of much use, since I don't always know beforehand which fields are filled and which aren't and still it wouldn't cover it like a 'Clear all execept ...'.

Regards,

Angelo

2MR2PostSeptember 7, 2017, 07:29
Administrator

It's early here so maybe I'm missing something 🙂

You can right click in the list of fields and do a Select All or Select None. Select All and uncheck the fields you wish to keep. example: Clear All except Title and Genre:

- Select All
- Uncheck Title and Genre

I can't find a case where Clear All Except is not the inverse of Clear All.

angelus1969PostSeptember 8, 2017, 02:43

A 'Clear all' in applications like mp3tag and puddletag, really remove all the tags, also the ones they don't actually show. So a 'Clear all except ...' would really clear everything except the ones I choose. Meta does the same, but until now, only has the 'Clear all' part.
When I choose the option 'Clear all these tags' would only clear those tags in the list, but not the ones the application doesn't show.

Regards,

Angelo Machils

2MR2PostSeptember 8, 2017, 06:46
Administrator

I get it....but here's the difference: Yate shows all tags even those typically out of bounds. Anything Yate doesn't directly manipulate gets tossed into Unhandled Frames which is an item in the list. These items can be viewed and even individually deleted on the Unhandled editing panel. Being able to access everything was a design goal. Clear (UI and action statement) is the only function which has access to every field type including Unhandled Frames. So Clear can remove all tags in a file.

If you make a copy of a file, do a Clear with everything selected, then Save and then do a File>Log>Raw Data you will see that everything has been removed. The only way you will have any tags remaining is if preferences has been configured to auto-generate information on saving.

angelus1969PostSeptember 10, 2017, 04:11

Just tried your suggestion and it indeed seems to work as I wanted it. Thank you!

Regards,

Angelo Machils

framePostOctober 6, 2020, 08:11
October 5, 2020, 22:12

Hello. I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but... Would it be possible to "clear all except ..." action done in Actions instead of the semi-manual process in Multi Field editor? Thanks.

2MR2PostOctober 6, 2020, 09:59
Administrator

Create an action with a Clear statement. You'll notice that the table has a title of Process the Selected Fields. Click on the blue round button at the top right of the table. The title will change to Process All but the Selected Fields. If you want to commit the save of the changes put a Save statement after it.

If you do not want to write the tagging time automatically when saving files make sure that Preferences-Audio-Common-Set Tagging Time whenever file is written is disabled.

framePostOctober 6, 2020, 14:57
October 5, 2020, 22:12

Brilliant. Thank you.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.