Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
deleting Album Artist not actually blanking the field?
jlynessPostDecember 28, 2017, 11:46
January 22, 2014, 14:39
Hot topicRe: deleting Album Artist not actually blanking the field?

Well, the plot thickens.

In part based on advice from the JRMC forum, I created a brand-new MC library and imported one of the problematic files. It again showed the old/wrong Album Artist. (Yate still shows Album Artist as empty.)

I then tried a new "MediaInfo" software and viewed the audio file as Text and as XML. While in 'normal' view it does not show any Album Artist, in Text view, it does have a field called ALBUM ARTIST (all caps, unlike all the other field names other than RATING), which does show the old/wrong album artist name. In XML view the old/wrong name is listed as <ALBUM_ARTIST>, again all caps. So it appears that JRMC is drawing the old/wrong album artist from this info in the file.

Any idea what this field is and how can I view and edit/fix it in Yate?

2MR2PostDecember 28, 2017, 12:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Well a UDTI named ALBUM_ARTIST was somehow created in the file by some other application. It looks like a FLAC mapping. The two most common Album Artist mappings for FLAC files are ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST. If you converted the file at some point from FLAC to ALAC it is possible that the conversion software is writing the field ALBUM_ARTIST. I'm not quite sure why JRMC would read a FLAC style mapping in an ALAC file.

Regardless, you can get rid of the field on the UD Text editing panel. Simply select the field and hit Delete or from the context menu select delete. In actions you can do one of the following:

Set User Defined Text Item 'ALBUM ARTIST' to ""
Remove all User Defined Text Items with name 'ALBUM ARTIST'

By the way you can view all tags in a file from a snapshot (Edit>Snapshot), and in various File>Log commands.

This is a far better solution 🙂

2MR2PostDecember 28, 2017, 12:25
Administrator

..just had a thought. If the item is malformed it may not be on the UD Text panel. It may be on the Unhandled panel.

If you can't find it do a File>Log>Raw Data and search for the text. If you still can't find it send me a link to the file and I'll look at it.

jlynessPostDecember 28, 2017, 13:01
January 22, 2014, 14:39

This is it! Album Artist was there as a UDTI, visible in Yate's UD Text panel. Deleting that info in Yate fixes the problem in JRMC.

I did convert the file, using XLD, from FLAC to ALAC, so I guess for some reason it messed up the tag mappings.

Many thanks, again, for persevering with me here.

2MR2PostDecember 28, 2017, 13:04
Administrator

Phew...a simple solution 🙂

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.