Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Does Yate help or inform if not alll tracks of an album were ripped successfully?
TENPostAugust 1, 2018, 06:20
August 1, 2018, 09:49
Normal topicDoes Yate help or inform if not alll tracks of an album were ripped successfully?

Hi,

As I am only starting to lean about tagging I hope my novice question makes sense to knowledgable experts. In my forum search I was not able to answer this question.

Will Yate check if the number of tracks my ripping device saved from an album is correct?
Will it automatically compare the file set with some database that states the actual number of album tracks?

Unfortunately my first album rips already lack tracks, so I am looking for an efficient solution.

I would appreciate your guidance here.

Regards,

Thorsten

2MR2PostAugust 1, 2018, 10:27
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Does Yate help or inform if not alll tracks of an album were ripped successfully?

Hmm, the number of tracks you get after ripping will be indicative as to what was on the CD. The number is correct for your CD. There may be different CD variants out there which have more or less tracks.

If you want to match a number of ripped tracks to an online resource you can use Discogs and/or MusicBrainz. There are wizards for both. You can use the wizards to find a match based on metadata you supply or which is extracted from the tracks. Once you've matched your release there are all kinds of information you can extract.

You can also use AcoustID to determine what the tracks are and then to attempt a lookup in MusicBrainz.

Much of this stuff can be automated somewhat. However, if you're new to all of thisI'd tray using the wizards manually first.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.