Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
I dont understand "MOVE"
Roberto CravalloPostAugust 1, 2018, 07:08
August 1, 2018, 10:55
Normal topicI dont understand "MOVE"

I don't understand the "MOVE" command. At first I thought it would be a item in the menu, but I could not find it.

What I want to do? Simple really, I just can't figure out how. 🙁

01) I have a bunch of MP3 with good tags im them, the are all in one directory.
02) They should all be moved into a directory that looks as follows: ARTIST/ALBUM_NAME/TITLE
03) So ideally, all tracks are moved into their own directory.

I have played around with the sample scrips a lot, but I just can't figure it out. There should be a menu point for this, with a dialog as shown in the help.
https://2manyrobots.com/YateResources/YateDoc/Renaming-and-Restructuring-Files-and-Folders.html

Any one have a clue about this? Thanks in advance, this Kraut is in over his head!!! 😯

Roberto CravalloPostAugust 1, 2018, 07:14
Normal topicRe: I dont understand "MOVE"

Note to ADMIN: The EDIT/SAVE POST does not work for me! The original text is not changed after SAVE POST.

2MR2PostAugust 1, 2018, 10:20
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Move is an action statement. It is not available directly as a UI menu item. While your desired structure is probably the most common, there are still some decisions that have to be made. For example where's the destination? Is it absolute or somehow relative to the source folder. Do you want to delete folders which end up being empty?

You can create a simple one line action to do what you wish.

- from the Actions menu, select New Action
- Insert a Move statement
- configure the statement as you wish.
- You can preview what the Move statement does on the current loaded and selected files. You can use this to verify that the Move is configured correctly.
- when everything is as you wish, save the action

Once the action is saved there are 5 or 6 different ways you can run it via menu items, keyboard shortcuts or toolbar icons.

As to the forum technical issues.....unfortunately the forum we're using is no longer supported. There are lots of issues. Eventually we may have to switch but finding a new forum which can migrate the content, is not totally social media oriented and which we can afford is somewhat daunting. I'm using the word 'afford' in the money and time context. 🙁

Roberto CravalloPostAugust 3, 2018, 08:46

Very cool, that actually worked fine. I now know how to use it. Thank you!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.