Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Lyrics Batch download & Duplicate finder
motagalyPostAugust 24, 2018, 16:32
August 24, 2018, 20:22
Normal topicLyrics Batch download & Duplicate finder

Hi,

The features of this app is super helping me organising my music, it took me sometime to get used to it, but now I can automate things in minutes that used to take days in the past. I truly thank the developers for this amazing app, worth every cent paid for the licence.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to have an action that gets all the fingerprint or acoustic ID of all files, and then compare them together in the hope to prompt with a list of possible track duplicates?

2) The only topic I found here regarding lyrics download goes back to more than 4 years, the full lyrics download would be a killer feature for me, I am willing to pay the licence twice just for that 🙂

I appreciate if there is a possibility to help me with the above questions,

Thanks in advance,

2MR2PostAugust 24, 2018, 17:20
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Lyrics Batch download & Duplicate finder

Well after all the great comments I have to be the bearer of bad news 🙁

1) This is not really a great way to find duplicates as each AcoustID download will identify potential matches. You will not get a unique recording id for any one lookup....well rarely. Theoretically it would be possible to:

- download the AcoustID data for each track
- extract every possible recording id for each track as a list.
- then take the intersection of every track's list against every other tracks's list

While the above can be written in an action, it might take weeks to run over a large collection and I'm willing to bet that there would be a large number of extraneous matches. I've found that a lot of covers of the same song tend to be matched to the same fingerprint.

Assuming you have metadata in most of your tracks, why not just produce a Track database and use the Look for Duplicates functionality. My person database has about 42000 tracks in it. I just ran a Look for Duplicates based on a fuzzy Title and Artist match and a length within 5 seconds and it took about 10 seconds to find about 1500 duplicates. ... without any web lookups.

2) There is no legal way to download lyrics that I know of. There are some solutions which can point you to a web page where you can manually copy the text. Some sites even present the text in JavaScript in a manner where the text cannot be copied. For some reason lyrics are even more protected than artwork...in fact far more protected. Most players that download lyrics present them in a manner such that they cannot be copied. I've looked at this issue many times over the years...and Ive yet to find a solution that makes sense and is legal. Screen scraping is simply not something that we do.

Thanks again for the kind words 🙂

motagalyPostAugust 24, 2018, 18:05

Thanks for the quick feedback, truly appreciated!

I respect the copyrights, yet many apps are doing this, so I will just stop it right here regarding the lyrics 🙂

For the duplicate, it seams I understood it wrong, I thought it is unique and cannot be different for an m4a or an mp3 down-converted from the same FLAC, with your explanation, I understand now that my approach was wrong 🙂

I used to use an app called Similarity, it worked great, but the support team behind it are very slow releasing updates and it crashes on my mac with my huge library.

Anyway, with your app now I have a consistent workflow for the CDs I rip and the HIRez tracks I buy, I tend to manipulate my tracks to suite a certain grouping (Symphonies, Compilations, Sound Tracks, and regular albums) and certain devices separately, Sony Wm1A, iPhone.

BTW, if you can implement a search feature within the Action builder, that would be great, instead of scrolling, just for newbie like me who do not know that x should be under category Z 🙂

Thanks again,

2MR2PostAugust 24, 2018, 19:23
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Select the All category. Click on any element in the Functions column and start typing. Type Select is implemented 🙂

motagalyPostAugust 24, 2018, 21:52

Thanks for that tip, this app is full of hidden Gems!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.