Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Filtering rules.
HenioPostOctober 25, 2018, 12:58
October 25, 2018, 16:34
Normal topicFiltering rules.

Hi,

How can I set file filter for compare two tags?
"Artist != AlbumArtis" for example.

Regards,
Henio

2MR2PostOctober 25, 2018, 15:31
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Filtering rules.

You can't do his directly from a filter as the filter system is designed to compare fields against constant values. You can however do it via a predefined filter and an action.

The filter mechanism supports the testing of a Variable against a constant value. You can define a filter to test for true or false in a variable.

The attached filter image shows how to test for true in Variable 0. Remember to name and Save the filter so that it can be accessed from an action.

For any unique test you need an action with two statements. The first is a Compare Text Test statement which performs the desired test and saves the individual test results to Variable 0. The second statement is a Stop Action and Filter Files statement which invokes the filter you defined. See attached image.

Important: for this to work all files must be selected. This can easily forced in the Action Manager by specifying All Files on your action.

One of these days I'll write my own Predicate Filter control. I'm working within the constraints of Apple's Filter control. 🙁

2MR2PostOctober 25, 2018, 15:34
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yet another attempt at getting the 2nd image to appear. My fault....the image was missing the .jpg extension.

HenioPostOctober 25, 2018, 16:07
October 25, 2018, 16:34

Working great!!!!

Thank You.

Henio.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.