Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
TAG Numbered Automatically
mcavadiniPostJanuary 3, 2019, 09:06
January 3, 2019, 14:02
Normal topicTAG Numbered Automatically

Hi

I would like to have the IDTAG "Label" numbered automatically. I have 4000 songs which I would like to assign with a unique ID to find them in the DJ software "rekordbox" and link them with other titles.

Can I do this with "Yate"? I may not change the track-title, because the DJ software does not find the title any more and I would have to manually link each song again. But I can change the IDTAG - that's no problem. It doesn't have to be the "Label" IDTAG, it can also be another one like "Remixer“.

It is important that each title has a number which is written consecutively in any IDTAG. So as an example I can insert a "Techno" title, which has the number "1222" in the e.g. "Remixer" tag, with an "Acapella title" which fits to this Techno song, also in a field (e.g. Comments) this number 1222. If I now play the techno title in question and enter the number 1222 in the browser of the DJ software, the number of each title, OneShot etc., which also has this number, will also appear.

Thanks for your help
Marco

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

2MR2PostJanuary 3, 2019, 10:45
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: TAG Numbered Automatically

Sure. You can 'seed' a number in a system variable which is preserved when Yate closes. You can then have a simple action which is called whenever you save a file. If whatever field you want to use is not empty, it will insert and increase the number automatically.

The only thing I'm not clear on is where you want it stored. Also, do you want the number stored to Comments as well? Again, I'm not entirely sure. You can use any Yate field, custom field or UDTI. It's your choice. As I don't know what audio file format you want to use, I'm also a little in the dark.

The required action is only a few lines and I can write it for you and document the steps required. If you wish you can even run a batch process to fill the 4000 files you have. New files can do it automatically.

Let me know exactly what field(s) or UDTI(s) you want seeded and I'll send you something.

2MR2PostJanuary 3, 2019, 11:41
Administrator

I had a few free minutes so I wrote something which I think does what you want.

Download:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/SaveIncreasingNumbertoRemixer.zip

Unzip the file and do a Yate>Import Preferences on the unzipped plist file. You will now have an action called 'Save Increasing Number to Remixer'.

You must specify the first number to be used. If you do not, the first number will be zero. To set the first number do the following:

- From the Yate menu select Preferences
- Select the Actions section
- Click on the Runtime Settings button
- Enter a line as follows:
seed=1234 (where 1234 can be any integer value)
- Click on the Done button.

The action works on all selected files. Note that it does not save the files. The action sets a unique value to the Remixer field. It will not modify Remixer unless it is empty.

If you want the action to work on all loaded (as opposed to selected files), do an Actions>Action Manager and select All Files on the line containing the action.

If you want the action to be run whenever you save a file (via File>Save), go to Preferences-Actions and enable Auto-run on Save, selecting the action.

The action can be run through the Batch Processor if you so desire.

Let me know if I misunderstood something.

mcavadiniPostJanuary 4, 2019, 04:17

Hi thank you for your answer and your time. I have now found a solution myself with "Yate" - but with a detour.
It was very urgent yesterday and I had to find a solution. Since my English is unfortunately not good enough to understand the many functions of "Yate", I had to experiment. Maybe I expressed it too complicated, so I explain it again:

The DJ software "rekordbox" doesn't give the tracks a unique ID (like "Traktor Pro"). If you want to link a track with an AddOn (an Acapella, a Drum, Snare, FX..), you have to write in the comment line of the appropriate AddOn the name of the corresponding track to find it again. With a numbering this would be easier - track no. 1111 (e.g. Techno Track)c fits well with an Acapella xy and a Drum xy. To find the acapella and the drum easily, I simply write 1111 in the comment field of the acapella and drum track. If I then enter 1111 in the browser, all tracks will be displayed which have the number 1111 in the comment field and for the techno track with the ID the number 1111.

SOLUTION
I only had one IDTAG field left - "Label" (in iTunes this is grouping), all others are filled with information. I was looking for a way to automatically number all my tracks from 1 - 3489. I didn't find a direct way, but it works. I first sorted all tracks by "creation date" and then:

1. ACTIONS > RENUMBER TRACKS > FROM
Now all my tracks had a number in the "track field". This function is for compilation but I couldn't find another way.

2. EDITOR > COPY
I copied the information from the Track field to the Label and Grouping fields.

That's it. Now all my tracks have a consecutive number which is displayed in the "Label" field of the DJ software. I can add new tracks with the function "RENUMBER". If you have a better idea, I am open 🙂
Greetings, Marco

mcavadiniPostJanuary 4, 2019, 04:22

Hi 2MR2, thanks for your replay. i will test your action today and wil lgive you feedback.

2MR2PostJanuary 4, 2019, 07:48
Administrator

Hi,

The action can easily be modified to write the number to any combination of fields that you desire so that nothing has to be done manually. I'm getting confused with the field names (Yate and DJ software). I've written a different action to prompt for the base number which writes it to the Grouping and Label fields.

Download: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/SaveIncreasingNumbertoLabelandGrouping.zip

Unzip and import and you'll have a new action named "Save Increasing Number to Label and Grouping"

Try this one.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.