Pages: 1
Read & Process Database error
stu.farnham@edgeofthep-
alouse.com
PostFebruary 6, 2019, 21:08
August 23, 2015, 04:28
Normal topicRead & Process Database error

Hi,

I have a significant update to make to my metadata. I've dumped my databse to a tsv, edited it Excel (UTF-8).

When I attempt to run the action I get the error shown in failed to load.png.

I've checked the permissions on the disc all the way to the file level.

I've compared the path in the error message to the path in the tsv and the file path (as captured in Path Finder and they all appear the same.

If I continue from the first erro, the same error is repeated for each file.

Running macOS 10.14.4 (18E174f) and Yate Version 4.5.0.1 (7750.7723)

Anyone have ideas as to where to go from here?

Thanks,

Stu

2MR2PostFebruary 6, 2019, 21:52
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Read & Process Database error

The error message says it can't load a FLAC file. I can't see a mention of a .png file. Here's what I would do next: When you get the error select the full path (/Volumes/....flac). Do a Command-C to copy the selected text. Give Yate the focus and do a File>Open Path in Clipboard. If the file does not open, then the Mac doesn't see a file at that path. It is possible that Excel is somewhat messing up the UTF-8 generation. There are quite a few accents in the path. However, it looks okay to me. Now if it does open, then something else is happening. In that case send me the TSV file. Also export the action from the Action Manager and send it to me as well.

It's got to be something weird because I tend to do this every few days when I've been testing and want to restore my 'proper' metadata. I keep all my metadata in a CSV database.

Also, this is your error message. I'm assuming you're testing the result of a Load & Run statement?

2MR2PostFebruary 6, 2019, 21:57
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Read & Process Database error

BTW: If the UTF8 is messed up there might be extra spaces or hidden junk. The Open Path in Clipboard will let us know.

Also, without being insulting, I'm assuming that the volume is mounted. I'm sure it is, but we've all had late nights.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.