Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
10.14.4 / iTunes 12.9.4.94 screwed up track length data
cliffy89PostApril 15, 2019, 10:54
April 15, 2019, 14:39
Normal topic10.14.4 / iTunes 12.9.4.94 screwed up track length data

Hello,

Updating to 10.14.4 / iTunes 12.9.4.94 screwed up track length data in my iTunes Library.

Can I fix this using yate? Or is there some other tool(s) or methods that will sort this out? I've tried library consolidation, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I looked online, and it seems this sort of corruption is not uncommon, but there doesn't seem to be much advice on what to do about. I'd re-import affected files into iTunes, but that is a big job, and reports suggest it doesn't always work.

Does anyone here have any advice on what to do? Help much appreciated.

2MR2PostApril 17, 2019, 21:53
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: 10.14.4 / iTunes 12.9.4.94 screwed up track length data

There is no method of setting the track duration in iTunes. As far as I know, iTunes reads it when it first loads the file. ie. when it is added.

While Yate supports the 'length' field which can be edited, it is more historic than useful. Yate also has an option to set the 'length' field to the correct value whenever it loads a file. This will not help with iTunes.

You could always import the 'library' only metadata (ratings, loves, play counts, etc.) and then have Yate delete and re-add the items to iTunes. Technically, this should work but there is no way to tell in a library which is not experiencing the issue.

I could always add code to read the 'duration' from iTunes. You could then compare the read value with the 'real' value and in the case where it was off than more a threshold you could automate the process. Yate currently does not read the iTunes duration as it should always be exactly the same as the real value.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.