Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
getting full release date from "Discogs Metadata for Release"
inonioPostJune 1, 2019, 11:36
June 1, 2019, 15:29
Normal topicgetting full release date from "Discogs Metadata for Release"

Currently, there's no way getting the full release date from "Discogs Metadata for Release", only the year. Discogs' API has a "released" field in the response, which is used by Yate's discogs wizard, but the field is not available in "Discogs Metadata for Release".

This is different for Musicbrainz as Yate's "Musicbrainz Metadata for Release" returns the full date in the "Year" key.

Could you please make "Discogs Metadata for Release" return the full year in the "Year" key, like Musicbrainz? Or alternativly, add a "released" key.

Thanks.

2MR2PostJune 1, 2019, 11:47
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: getting full release date from "Discogs Metadata for Release"

There are three fields returned by the API: released, released formatted and year. I'm using year. I can always return the field with the most information. Can you supply a Discogs ID where the information is not the same. In doing a quick check I'm seeing the same information in all three fields.

inonioPostJune 1, 2019, 15:38

For example, discogs release id 1282428 returns only Year (2007).
Here's a screenshot of the action: https://i.imgur.com/TE5oSxB.png

Using the API (https://api.discogs.com/releases/1282428) i get:

released: "2007-10-22",
released_formatted: "22 Oct 2007",
year: 2007,

2MR2PostJune 1, 2019, 16:08
Administrator

Ok. I will save the 'released' metadata to the Release Time field (on the More Info) panel. I'll reach out when I have something for you to look at.

2MR2PostJune 1, 2019, 16:29
Administrator

Too much code and a failing memory. 🙁 I currently prefer the DIscogs 'released' metadata over the 'year' metadata. I can extract the full release date with the ID you supplied.

Most likely, you do not have the Preferences-File List-Do not enforce formatting of the Year field option set. When not set Yate always displays the Year field as a simple year.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

inonioPostJune 1, 2019, 16:29

just to be clear, i would like it stored in the list that you get by running "Discogs Metadata for Release" in an action

https://2manyrobots.com/YateResources/InAppHelp/English.lproj/actionPgs/actiondcmetadataforrelease.html

inonioPostJune 1, 2019, 16:31

I do have "Do not enforce formatting of the Year field", and if I use Yate's "Discogs Wizard", I do get the full date in the Info panel.

But I only get the 4 digit year in the list variable when running "Discogs Metadata for Release" in an action

2MR2PostJune 1, 2019, 16:40
Administrator

My bad. The Discogs Metadata for Release statement is only using 'year'. I've updated it to have the same semantics as the wizard. I'll reach out with a patch.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.