Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
A few quick questions...
mdy8893PostAugust 10, 2019, 18:51
July 26, 2019, 11:26
Normal topicA few quick questions...

So I think I'm getting the hang of Yate, but the amount of functions is still a bit overwhelming... wondering if someone can help me out with a few things:

1) Is there a way to rename files based on metadata? Looking for an action which takes the track number + title.

2) All my cover artwork is in album folders named 'front.jpg'. Is there an action to get this onto the correct tracks?

3) Is there a way to keep all tracks in Yate permanently? At the moment when I close and reopen the programme I have to re-add and re-link everything.

Thanks in advance!

2MR2PostAugust 10, 2019, 19:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: A few quick questions...

Hi,

1) All file renaming is configured by Rename Templates. Rename templates are designed in Preferences-Rename. You can choose a wide variety of metadata/transformations directly in the template which can be accessed by the File>Rename UI and the Rename action statement. The templates also support track variables so absolutely any pattern can be configured when called from the Rename action statement. The Move action statement supports renaming and moving which ensures that your files can be dropped anywhere and named however you wish.

2) The Import Artwork statement can be used to automate the importing of your front.jpg files so that the artwork can be saved in the files.

3) No. There is no way. There is an Open Recent submenu on the File menu. There is also a toolbar button of the same name. Linkage is transitory and simply means that the application knows where the tracks are at any given point in time. Yate can import the PIDs (persistent IDs) so that they are retained in the tracks. This ensures that linkage can be performed even if the tracks have little or no metadata. This can be done by a batch process and can easily be configured in Preferences-iTunes so that it's automatic.

mdy8893PostAugust 12, 2019, 13:18
July 26, 2019, 11:26
Normal topicRe: A few quick questions...

Perfect, thanks buddy

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.