Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
PLEASE HELP!
mdy8893PostSeptember 14, 2019, 15:27
July 26, 2019, 11:26
Normal topicPLEASE HELP!

Hi,

This doesn't specifically relate to Yate, but hoping someone here might be able to help!

So I had a playlist with around 7K songs in and went to delete it. I accidentally hit 'remove downloads'. No confirmation came up, and now all of these songs have disappeared. They're not in the trash, and as my files are on a RAID drive, not recoverable through Time Machine.

Is there any way I can recover these files? Absolutely devastated if not, this is huge part of my collection.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!

2MR2PostSeptember 14, 2019, 18:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: PLEASE HELP!

That's terrible! I wish there was something I could suggest but if the files are deleted on a RAID and it doesn't support a trash (some do), then they are probably gone.

More than likely you have done so already but try searching to see if there are any data recovery utilities for your NAS.

Was the playlist in iTunes? The terminology 'remove downloads' seems to imply downloaded content. If so, it might be possible to download the tracks again. You'd lose all your tagging changes but at least you'd have the audio files. While testing the Music application on 10.15 I found I had hundreds of songs available for download that I'd forgotten about.

Sorry, I wish I had something helpful.

mdy8893PostSeptember 15, 2019, 05:59
July 26, 2019, 11:26
Normal topicRe: PLEASE HELP!

Ah no worries, just one of those things.

They playlist was in iTunes, but all the content was local. I can re-download as they were all matched, but obviously they'll be lossy M4As with DRM.

This is such an insane bug, I really can't believe they would leave something like this in the software. Hate to say it, but I think I'm done with iTunes!

Thanks for replying anyway bud 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.