Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Need Help with Columns
AdnandoPostSeptember 19, 2019, 14:01
September 18, 2019, 18:47
Normal topicNeed Help with Columns

New user, just picked it up today. Wondering how to get hidden iTunes tags like Release Date and Content Advisory and Copyright as a column heading. Trying to figure it out but Yate has a lot of options so having a hard time.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

AdnandoPostSeptember 19, 2019, 14:07
Normal topicRe: Need Help with Columns

I've found Copyright and Content Advisory under More Info and Privacy when I select a song, but just wondering if these can be set as columns, thanks!

2MR2PostSeptember 19, 2019, 16:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Copyright and Content Advisory cannot currently be added as columns. I can however add the functionality. I'm not sure I can get Content Advisory to be editable. Release Date is a read only field in the Apple library. I can however add an action statement to extract it much the same as you can get the Modification Date or Date Added. There is a Release Time and Original Release Time field in Yate as there are associated ID3 fields but iTunes does not read or write them.

As you are new to Yate you might not know that you can create Custom Edit Panels which contain the content you're interested in. You could put Copyright and Content Advisory on the same panel, etc.

I'll add this stuff to my list.

AdnandoPostSeptember 19, 2019, 16:53

Thanks! I'll have to play around with the Edit Panels.

Interesting, there are other apps that can edit that Release Date tag. Subler (though tailored for video) does it okay. Was just hoping to consolidate all my tag needs into one app. Definitely need to spend more time with Yate, I'm sure you've heard it before but it's a bit intimidating with how much it can accomplish.

2MR2PostSeptember 19, 2019, 17:15
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yate is a big beast. However it can pretty much automate everything.

As far as Release Date goes I was taking you literally. iTune tracks have two fields: Year and Release Date. Year is mapped as you would expect in Yate ... to the Year field. This can be read and written and will modify iTunes. The Release Date field is however read only. Lots of applications call the Year field Release Date.

From the Apple iTunes dictionary documentation:

release date (date, r/o) : the release date of this track
year (integer) : the year the track was recorded/released

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.