Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
New to Yate
SpartanPostNovember 1, 2019, 22:19
November 2, 2019, 01:47
Normal topicNew to Yate

Is there any video guide out there that shows how to use this app?

I used to use Tag&Rename on Windows and it had a much easier interface and UI

I am finding Yate a bit clunky.

Can someone please guide me how can I make Yate run on my MP3 folder for example to change the ID3 Tag from the File name? All my MP3s are named as: Artist Name - Track Title.mp3

Another question I have is can I do the same thing for video files to batch convert the ID3 tags in one shot?

I have a movie collection that has a lot of MP4 and some MKV files and when I try to view those movies on a streaming app for example, they display some random names not the actual movie name so I want to fix all those with a single batch click if possible.

2MR2PostNovember 1, 2019, 22:47
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: New to Yate

There is no video guide. There is online help for every menu item and there are lots of topics referenced on the main help page. There is also some additional documentation on the resources page which can be accessed from the Help menu.

There is a UI based function on the Edit menu called File to Tag. This function extracts metadata from filenames (and possibly folders) and saves it to fields. File to Tag templates are created and viewed in Preferences-File to Tag. You create or copy a template and then assign the relevant tokens. Once inside a File to Tag template the online help describes all of the available tokens. There is even a Preview button so that you can test a template. The template for 'Artist Name - Track Title' would look like:

❨Artist❩ - ❨Title❩

where (Artist) and (Title) are tokens.

Yate can process metadata in MPEG-4 files (mp4, m4v, etc.). Yate does not support MKV files.

Yate has a Batch Processor and can automate everything (and more) that is available in the UI.

The Help>Quick Reference>Help by Menu is a fast way to access online help for anything available on a menu.

Hopefully this helps.

SpartanPostNovember 2, 2019, 00:43
November 2, 2019, 01:47
Normal topicRe: New to Yate

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check it out.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.