Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Roman Numerals
vco1PostNovember 28, 2019, 09:08
June 9, 2017, 14:40
Normal topicRoman Numerals

I like to capitalize the artist and titles. So in my custom action I'm using the Capitalize function for quite a while now. One thing that isn't working properly (or not to my liking actually) is the side-effect on a.o. roman numerals. VII becomes Vii which is not what I want.
I found that Title Case yields better results here. Which is true. But this is not completely what I want, as I want every word to be capitalized (which, I am aware, may be wrong from a spelling point of view).
Is there a way to Capitalize and still have roman numerals be correct? I tried to use Exceptions, but either I'm using it wrongly, or this is not meant for what I'd like to accomplish.
Is there any way to Capitalize, but have an exception (or fix) roman numerals, and things like 2nd, which now becomes 2Nd?
Thanks!

2MR2PostNovember 28, 2019, 11:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Roman Numerals

I've used exceptions, adding one each time I find a Roman Numeral I haven't previously encountered. Not a very aesthetic approach.

I've written an action which capitalizes all valid Roman Numerals in a field. Basically you can do whatever capitalization you want then call the action to fix the valid Roman Numeral sequences.

You specify the field you want processed in a named variable. Example:

Set named variable 'RN Field' to "Album"
Run action 'Capitalize all Roman Numerals'

I wrote it on the upcoming v5.0.3 so I'll have to patch the export file before I post it. I'll post the action to the Resources page later today. I'll ping you here when it's posted.

2MR2PostNovember 28, 2019, 12:13
Administrator

The action named 'Capitalize All Roman Numerals' has been posted to the Resources page.

I've slightly changed it so that you can do more than one field at a time. You now comma separate field names in a named variable 'RN Fields'. eg.

Set named variable 'RN Fields' to "Album,Artist"
Run action 'Capitalize all Roman Numerals'

2MR2PostNovember 28, 2019, 21:05
Administrator

While the action works fine I've decided that Roman Numerals are common enough in tagging that this should be directly implemented.

v5.0.3 will directly support the forcing of Roman Numerals to upper case everywhere case transformations are supported. This includes: the Title Case configuration panel, the Yate Transformations menu, the Case statement, the Multi Field Editor and Rename templates

vco1PostNovember 30, 2019, 07:00

Thanks for you help. It's much appreciated. Looking forward to the update of Yate.

vco1PostDecember 22, 2019, 09:19

The update is working fine. I found one bug though. When the Roman # option is selected, "I'm" (like "I am") is changed to "I'M" (with a capital M). Which of course not what it's supposed to do.

2MR2PostDecember 22, 2019, 09:25
Administrator

LOL. Yep I missed that one. I'll fix it in the next patch.

2MR2PostDecember 22, 2019, 12:36
Administrator

I've released v5.0.3.2 which fixes the issue. Do a Yate>Check for Updates

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.