Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Track Numbers Not Imported
tortuga_BobPostDecember 23, 2019, 09:35
December 22, 2019, 22:39
Normal topicTrack Numbers Not Imported

Sorry, another new-user question. When I import a new downloaded album Yate is not bringing in the track numbers. Using other Apps like kid3 or iD3 Editor the track numbers are automatically imported along with the files. It is easy to add the track numbers in Yate (if I remember to do so 🙁 ), however what is the reason for this behavior? TIA

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2019, 10:26
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Track Numbers Not Imported

I'm assuming that these are FLAC files. More than likely the mapping you're using for the Track field is not what Yate pre-configures as the default. Yate's 'built in' mapping is TRACKNUMBER. There are a variety of ways to see what's in the file from View>Raw Data, to Edit>Snapshot. One easy way is to click on a single file and then display the UD Text editing panel. Right click on any editing panel preset button (Info, Artwork, etc.). You will see something which looks like it represents a track number. Once you have the mapping it can easily be added in Preferences-FLAC/OGG.

If you need help with any of this let us know.

tortuga_BobPostDecember 23, 2019, 10:53

Yes, this is a flac file (Harmonia Mundi) downloaded from eClassical. The Tag Scheme is indicated as Vorbis and the UD Text shows that it is using the Track Position tag. So now I need to figure out how to add Track Position to the Flac mapping? I will check the Help files on how to do this.

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2019, 11:08
Administrator

Here's the short 'help'

Go to Preferences-FLAC/OGG Mappings
Click the + button
Select Track
Enter the new Mapping Name
You will now have more than one Track mapping ... which is fine.
Select the one you want written and click on the '1' button.

Yate will write one, read all.

tortuga_BobPostDecember 23, 2019, 11:27

Sorry, it's just not picking the track numbers up. I've tried TRACK POSITION, TRACK_POSITION and TRACKPOSITION in the Track mapping. I must be missing something obvious here.

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2019, 11:33
Administrator

On the resources web page (help menu) download the Dump Metadata action. Unzip the file and drag the plist file to the main window's file list area. Load the album in Yate. Select one or more files which are not showing the track number. Run the Dump Metadata action from the Actions>User Defined menu. Send the produced file to support@2manyrobots.com.

Also, take a screenshot of the Preferences-FLAC/OGG Mappings showing what you have mapped to Track.

I'll get back to you sometime today but I'm a little holiday constrained.

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2019, 11:51
Administrator

Sorry, too distracted today. I just realized that 'Track Position' is a normalized mapping across all file formats. It is not the Track number but a symbolic track number which is not necessarily numeric. It is primarily used by the Discogs and MusicBrainz wizards to retain 'side' metadata. For FLAC files it is mapped to 'TRACK_NUMBER_TEXT' which is by no means a standard. I'd be surprised if that came from anywhere other than Yate. When you send me the metadata dump I'll be able to figure out what is in the files.

tortuga_BobPostDecember 23, 2019, 12:06

Will do. Absolutely no rush. Thanks.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.