Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Can YATE do multilevel folder renaming (like with box sets?)
sfxfreakPostJanuary 4, 2020, 19:46
January 5, 2020, 00:40
Normal topicCan YATE do multilevel folder renaming (like with box sets?)

Hi,

So I have the basic action all nice and ready for what I want, but I am a bit stumped with getting the right script to get it to create a multifolder structure.

Imagine something like this.

We have an album with two CDs inside.

I'd like to achieve the following structure:

Original Album (Year) - Album Artist
  > Disc 1
     - Files here

> Disc 2
     - Files here

I guess this should be somehow combined with IfMultiDisc, but I can't figure out how to make it work on two depth levels of folders.

2MR2PostJanuary 4, 2020, 22:12
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Can YATE do multilevel folder renaming (like with box sets?)

Whenever you want to create a folder structure and you are not simply renaming the containing folder, you have to use a Move statement. The Move statement will create as many paths as you want and you can specify folders in the base path or in up to three separate fields. Here's a sample which uses variables for the components. You must specify a base path or a relative path.

Set Variable 0 to "\[Original Album] (\y4) - \[Album Artist]"
Set Variable 1 to "Disc \[Disc]"
Move to ./Variable 0/Variable 1/<Original Filename>

All escape sequences are inserted via the appropriate field's context menu. Please look at this in the forum not an email. The forum mailer strips out backslashes!

\[name] sequences insert the value of a Yate field. You insert them via the context menu's Insert Yate Field menu. \y inserts the Year field removing everything after theyear. The sequence is inserted via the context menu item: Insert Yate Escape Sequences>Date & Time Sequences>Year Field as YYYY

I'm attaching an image of how I configured the Move statement. The Rename Template I'm calling uses the original filename. You can obviously substitute your own template. I strongly suggest including duplicate handling as I do in the following Original Filename template I'm using:

❨Open Filename❩
❨IfDup❩
    ·(❨Dup #❩)

The Move statement can also delete empty folders. Again you must change the statement to specify a base path or a relative offset.

sfxfreakPostJanuary 5, 2020, 10:31
January 5, 2020, 00:40
Normal topicRe: Can YATE do multilevel folder renaming (like with box sets?)

This is amazing 🙂 Works like a charm and makes me even more amazed at what YATE can do.

Thank you.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.