Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Rename Directory based on ID Tags
CJSSPostMarch 23, 2020, 14:53
March 10, 2020, 20:55
Normal topicRename Directory based on ID Tags

Hello -

I have been on a mighty quest to find an application that will rename a directory (the folder that is housing an album), based on that albums' tags.

I am on a MAC exclusively, so previously, I have used Tagr to update the Mp3 or Flac tags (which worked well), but I would then go into each folder and rename it manually based on a convention I liked. As age catches up with me, I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

I see that Mp3Tag does this for windows users in a very streamlined way. I actually got Mp3Tag to run on my Mac via WINE but something about the native folder structure of MAC prohibited this feature from working.

- I am working on a Macbook Pro on Mojave 10.14.6.

- I have recently adopted Roon as my main music player and I have a mixture of Flacs and MP3's.

I am hoping Yate can get this directory riddle solved.

Any direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2MR2PostMarch 23, 2020, 15:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Rename Directory based on ID Tags

Any Yate Rename template can rename the containing folder. Yate has a few Rename templates pre-installed. One is named 'File & Folder'. It should serve as an example. It sets the filename to Title and the folder name to Album.

If you open the Rename template in Preferences-Rename, the help button has information on the different tokens that are available.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.