Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Trash Items
DJunpridictabullPostApril 3, 2020, 10:21
March 22, 2020, 18:01
Normal topicTrash Items

I have a large Mp3 collection on an external hard drive. Since I have time on my hands, I decided to organize and tag my collection. Let me say this on the record, I love Yate!! I'm only having one issue and that is how do I send my duplicates to trash. The trash function is asking for a path. I'm confused.

Thanks in advance

2MR2PostApril 3, 2020, 10:58
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Trash Items

The Trash statement is not directly tied to audio files...it can trash any file. Further if your external drive does not support the trash, it won't work.

Regardless of your execution mode, the statement is only executed once. Essentially it processes a list of paths to items to trash.

If you are running grouped, you can send a single file to the trash by specifying its path directly by using escape sequences. (Careful with the following as the mailer strips backslash characters. Read in the forum). You can insert the escape sequence from the field's Insert Yate File Property context menu item.

Trash Items in "\!Path to File!"

If you want to trash the items while running stepwise doing more than one at a time it's is little tricker. In the following example I assume that Variable 1 is true (non zero) if I want to trash a file or false (zero) if I do not want to trash it:

Ignore files where Variable 1 is false
if true
Get Property Path to File -> Variable 2
Build List with delimiter "⏎" in named variable 'Trash These Files' from field Variable 2 (As found) string delimiter "\~"
Trash Items in "\<Trash These Files>"
Restore Initial Set of Files
endif

2MR2PostApril 3, 2020, 11:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

If you want to trash tracks which are selected in the UI when you run the action you can doit it easier as follows:

Get Property Path to File -> Variable 2
Build List with delimiter "⏎" in named variable 'Trash These Files' from field Variable 2 (As found) string delimiter "\~"
Trash Items in "\<Trash These Files>"

DJunpridictabullPostApril 3, 2020, 11:11
March 22, 2020, 18:01

thank you very much. I will give it a try and will be careful at the same time

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.