You can download an action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/coldjim-DiscogsPostImport.zip
Unzip the file and do a Yate>Import Preferences on the plist file. You will now have and action named coldjim - Discogs Post Import
Do a Yate>Preferences and ensure the following settings are enabled:
Apple Apps - General
- Prefer PIDs when linking
- Maximum Grouping-Work Name compatibility
Apple Apps - Auto Import
- Persistent PID
Discogs - General
you can set whatever you wish here but if you want multiple genres to be separated by commas as opposed to ;;; sequences:
- enable 'Combine multiple value items into a single value'
- select the Join override that you prefer. ', '
It you don't want the override set everywhere but only on the mood/genre metadata, it can be done in the action.
Discogs - Artwork
If you only want to import one artwork item, you do not have to change anything. If you want all artwork, enable 'Import all artwork'
Discogs - Advanced
- check 'Run action after import' and from the drop down control select ' coldjim - Discogs Post Import'
When you run the Discogs wizard the next time select what metadata you would like imported on the Release Details panel. Make sure Import Settings is not enabled. This will ensure that every time you run the wizard, the same settings are enabled. Whenever you import, the action will run.
The action does the following:
- Copies Catalog Number to Comments
- Copies Label to Grouping (as it appears in iTunes/Music)
- Copies Mood to Genre
- Copies Artist to Composer if Composer is empty
- saves the files
- adds the files to 'iTunes/Music'
- saves the files if the PIDS were imported from iTunes/Music.
Give it a try.