Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Bulk Import metadata from MP3 and apply to corresponding ALAC
custa1200PostSeptember 8, 2020, 07:30
July 30, 2020, 02:33
Normal topicBulk Import metadata from MP3 and apply to corresponding ALAC

Hi, I’m just about to receive the back catalogue of an artist (900+ tracks) in both MP3 and WAV format. I’d like to convert the WAV to ALAC which I will do with XLD, but I would then like to be able to transfer the tags from the MP3’s to the newly created ALAC’s.

Is this something that could be automated using Yate?

2MR2PostSeptember 8, 2020, 07:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Bulk Import metadata from MP3 and apply to corresponding ALAC

Yes. As long as there is a consistent naming scheme. Given a source or destination folder you have to be able to determine where the other is. Telling XLD to keep the filenames the same will help as well as it makes matching easier.

It's only a single action statement to copy the metadata. The bulk of the action is devoted to finding associated files.

Once you have your naming/location information, let us know and we'll put together an action for you.

custa1200PostSeptember 11, 2020, 00:04
July 30, 2020, 02:33

I just did a quick convert on some of the Wavs so it looks like the files will be in the same folder next to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxr8b10sdk0xgvl/Copy%20Metadata.png?dl=0

2MR2PostSeptember 11, 2020, 09:44
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Download and install:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Copy_mp3_metadata_to_m4a.zip

After importing the file you'll have an action named: Copy mp3 metadata to m4a in same folder

The action does exactly what it says. If a matching m4a file cannot be found no errors are issued. m4a files also have all Unhandled metadata removed ... just in case anything non-standard was put into the file. Note that encoder related settings are retained and not overwritten.

The action does not save the files so you can test it on a folder and revert in case I misunderstood something. When running in the UI you are not restricted to having a single folder loaded. The action will work just fine in the Batch Processor. Just make sure you set the 'Save Files' option when running in the Batch Processor.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.