Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: where can I find the Personnel comment?
pacoinmass
Post where can I find the Personnel comment?
on: October 16, 2020, 22:02

Another question.

In Preferences/Audio/Flac settings I've checked the "Display settings only applicable to Roon" and the "Use Roon encoding for Musician Credits and Involved People" and left unchecked "Read only".

In the Roon Settings help page I see that "Roon known credits are saved to a PERSONNEL comment."

Where can I find this comment? How would I know that Musician Credits and Involved People downloaded from MusicBrainz was saved to the PERSONNEL comment?

I see the "Comments" section in the Edit Panel "Info" preset...I'm assuming that this is not where the PERSONNEL comments are saved.

Thx again for the assistance.

2MR2
Administrator
Post Re: where can I find the Personnel comment?
on: October 17, 2020, 07:28

Yate abstracts the low level comments/atoms/frames and attempts to normalize fields across all audio formats. Musician Credits will appear to be unmodified from when you made the settings changes. The settings control how the metadata is written to the FLAC files and subsequently read. If you want to be able to confirm that PERSONNEL is being written to the files do the following:

In Preferences - Audio - Common, enable Verbose log raw data. Set the limit to 500.

Select any file or list of files and from the View menu select Raw Data. The data represents what was in the audio files at the time they were loaded. If you change settings, resave then reload a file you will see a different encoding for the Musician Credits.

pacoinmass
Post Re: where can I find the Personnel comment?
on: October 17, 2020, 10:23

Thx. Was able to confirm that files now have Personnel comments.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.