Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Description / Mix Name
squanceyPostOctober 28, 2020, 03:43
December 22, 2019, 13:27
Normal topicDescription / Mix Name

I am using the new Beatport extract which is great !!

I rename all my files using an action.

I already have a template setup which uses the tokens (Artist) & (Title) and works fine.

However, I also want to add the Mix Name / Description but can't find a token for this field

Is the token named something else ? or is it not available ?

2MR2PostOctober 28, 2020, 09:48
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Description / Mix Name

I'm glad you're enjoying the revamped Beatport Importer.

Many fields are not represented by a token in Rename Templates. The templates are designed to be extensible via Variables. If you are already using actions to rename your files this will be really easy. In the rename template use a track variable where you want the mix name to be placed. In the action simply copy the Description field to the variable that you used in the rename template. When you issue your rename template on a Rename Files statement, the variable substitutions will occur as expected.

Copy the Description field to Variable 1
Rename Files (Your Rename Template) (uses variable 1)

Remember that actions can be placed on the File>Rename menu by clicking on the Menu column in the Action Manager.
The Rename menu will have a submenu named Actions containing the name of the action you placed there.

squanceyPostOctober 28, 2020, 10:20
December 22, 2019, 13:27

Great....thanks for the quick reply.

I was already playing around with copying the mix name to a different field I don't use, for use in the rename template.

But using the variables will be cleaner.

Thanks again !!

pruchaiPostOctober 30, 2020, 18:17
September 3, 2020, 11:21

Wait, is this why i no longer get "Tack Name (So and So Remix)" anymore and all of the tracks in the same release are now "Track Name" ? Started with 6.1 update couple of days ago.

How do i revert this behavior?

2MR2PostOctober 30, 2020, 18:34
Administrator

Prior to their new API a lot of Beatport tracks often had the mix name embedded in the title. The new API returns mix name when there is one in its own field and no longer seems to to return it as part of the title. This is actually more correct and I'm working on the assumption that they know the correct representation for their metadata. I do not change the track name (Title), I merely return what's in the data.

I've just imported metadata on a few releases and they all appear to be correct.

There is no way to revert to the old API as it is no longer supported. If you wish to append the mix name to the title this can be done easily in an action run automatically after every import.

If I am understanding your question correctly, let me know and I'll send you the action which does the append of mix name to Title. I'll also tell you how to configure it to run automatically.

2MR2PostOctober 30, 2020, 19:28
Administrator

Being proactive I've uploaded an action named Append Mix Name (Description) to Title to the web resource page. From the Help menu you can click on Resources (Sample Actions, Templates, Documentation). When the page is displayed you'll see the new action at the top of the Actions list. Download and install the action. You can quickly install the action by dragging the zip file to the main window's file list area.

On the Beatport Importer Options panel enable Run action after import. In the next field select the downloaded action. Every time you import the action will be run.

pruchaiPostOctober 30, 2020, 19:54
September 3, 2020, 11:21

Thanks, Barry! I really appreciate it. Yate is truly amazing. I've been using it for months and still get lost in it.

One day I will figure it, considering I still have about 20,000 tracks left to go

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.