Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
interpreting batch log output
pacoinmassPostNovember 2, 2020, 21:53
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topicinterpreting batch log output

Hi,

I've finished a retagging project and created a tracks database to make sure I didn't miss any tracks when adding some custom fields. The batch process resulted in the following log file:

Yate Version 6.1.0.1 (9078)

Batch processing started Monday, November 2, 2020 at 8:53:08 PM Eastern Standard Time

Root action: Verify Track Retagging Status
Root folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/FLAC to Move

--------------------
Folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/FLAC to Move/Young, Larry/Larry Young In Paris - The Ortf Recordings
Wrote database (Track Database to Verify Tagging) to /Users/XXXXX/Desktop/2020-11-01 FLACs to Move Track Tagging Verifcation.csv

--------------------

Folders scanned: 580
Folders with audio: 375
Files Processed: 5647

Run completed at Monday, November 2, 2020 at 9:48:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
Run duration: 00:55:39

Why does the "Folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/FLAC to Move/Young, Larry/Larry Young In Paris - The Ortf Recordings" appear but not any other? The .csv files contains a list of all my tracks. Is there significance to the last folder in the root folder showing up in the log file? Thx.

2MR2PostNovember 2, 2020, 22:04
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: interpreting batch log output

It's the nature of the Batch Processor. When a message is logged it displays the current folder. In this case the BP had finished and the displayed folder was more than likely the last folder processed. All is well 🙂

pacoinmassPostNovember 3, 2020, 09:16
Beginner

Not sure what happened. With the root folder as "FLAC to Move", the process skipped the last folder (Young, Neil) and the report didn't include the tracks on my two Neil Young albums.

I reran the process and selected all folders in the "FLAC to Move" folders. That ended up generating a list of all the sub-folders in "FLAC to Move", including Neil Young. Minus the list of folders, the log reported:

Folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/FLAC to Move/Young, Neil/Harvest
Wrote database (Track Database to Verify Tagging) to /Users/XXXX/Desktop/2020-11-01 FLACs to Move Track Tagging Verifcation.csv

--------------------

Folders scanned: 577
Folders with audio: 375
Files Processed: 5647

Run completed at Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 9:08:48 AM Eastern Standard Time
Run duration: 00:34:51

2MR2PostNovember 3, 2020, 09:45
Administrator

Selecting all the folders simply made multiple roots be passed to the Batch Processor. No folder will have been processed more than once. If you look at your two posts you'll see that the Folders with audio and Files Processed counts are the same.

I'm not sure what happened on the first run which would result in tracks not being in the database. The Batch Processor counts are the same. I guess you didn't check the row counts in the database after each run????

Every time you run the Batch Processor a trace file is produced which describes every folder processed. You can view the file via View>Last Batch Processor Trace. The file is overwritten each time the Batch Processor is run. While designed mostly to be able to isolate a crash it is a good means of being able to verify which folders were processed.

I'll do a complete run on my personal library and verify that every track was processed. I'll get back to you with the results.

pacoinmassPostNovember 3, 2020, 11:27
Beginner

I opened up the .csv file in Excel and then scrolled to the bottom. Entries ended after the Larry Young album. Most curious. All is well after I selected all folders rather than the root folder.

2MR2PostNovember 3, 2020, 11:38
Administrator

There should not be any difference. Did you check if the missing folder was in the Batch Trace file?

Are any of your folders symlinks?

Open the CSV in Yate and search for the missing tracks. Use the search bar or the filter.

2MR2PostNovember 3, 2020, 12:09
Administrator

I just thought of something. You can't count on any deterministic sorting of records when the database is produced. The Batch Processor uses an API to return the folder contents. While the tracks will be sorted in Yate's default sort order, the folders themselves are not sorted. Specifying a single root can result in the tracks being processed in a different order than when selecting multiple roots.

If the database is opened in Yate, you can set whatever sort you'd like.

pacoinmassPostNovember 3, 2020, 13:02
Beginner

Interesting. I re-ran the batch process, opened the .csv using Excel, and searched for "Neil". Found the tracks/albums beween Garcia and Yes. I had assumed that because the first artist and last artist were alphabetically "correct" that the rest of the artists would also be in alphabetical order. Mystery solved. Thx.

2MR2PostNovember 3, 2020, 13:12
Administrator

LOL. I just recreated my main track database and ran a new action over it to look for missing or extra files.

Folders scanned: 4532
Folders with audio: 3269
Files processed: 43123

The results of the action test were:

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.