Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
addressing "Error: loading file"...."file cannot be located"
pacoinmassPostDecember 3, 2020, 07:51
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topicaddressing "Error: loading file"...."file cannot be located"

Hi,

My retagging process is almost over...finally!

I have run a database report to make sure I have completed filling in the fields that are important to me.

Despite deleting the file in question below (through Mac OSX Finder and confirming directly on the QNAP NAS), clearing Yate album and track IDs from the relevant album, I keep getting the same error message.

How can I make sure the error message ("file cannot be located") doesn't keep coming up in the future when I rerun the action? As always, thank you for your assistance.

Batch processing started Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 9:36:16 PM Eastern Standard Time

Root action: Create Album Database to Compare to CATraxx
Root folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/Music

--------------------
Folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/Music/Various Artists/The Mercury Records Songbook
Error: loading file /Volumes/Multimedia/Music/Various Artists/The Mercury Records Songbook/3WKDCZ~9.M4A
The file cannot be located

--------------------
Folder: /Volumes/Multimedia/Music/System Test Discs/Dr. Z’s Test CD/Disc 02 DSD
Wrote database (Album Database Verify Tagging) to /Users/Parashar/Desktop/2020-12-02 Music Library Tags.csv

--------------------

Folders scanned: 948
Folders with audio: 667
Files Processed: 9180

Run completed at Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:59:10 PM Eastern Standard Time
Run duration: 01:22:54

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2020, 08:12
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: addressing "Error: loading file"...."file cannot be located"

I also use a QNAP NAS. Why does the file in question have an old FAT filename? The IDs have nothing to do with the error.

How are the shares mounted? A few years ago I switched to SMB for mounting my QNAP shares.

It's a little weird that it is only one file and that the filename is a FAT filename. (3WKDCZ~9.M4A). Have you tried renaming the file? If it's only one file out of 9180 something is weird which is causing it not be located. Yate does not do anything directly at the file system level and it knows nothing about the fact that the file is on a NAS.

pacoinmassPostDecember 3, 2020, 20:02
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03

I'm not a tech person so I didn't know that that filename is an old FAT filename...I'm not sure what happened.

What I can report is that I was tagging some albums in a temporary folder before copying them over to the permanent Music folder. For this album (4 disc set; 90+ tracks), when I copied the files over, a few files ended up with those strange filenames. I couldn't play them even though they had .mfa extensions nor could I rename them. I tried deleting them from Finder but didn't have any luck so used the File Station on the QNAP to delete them. Problem solved, or so I thought until I ran the report and received the error.

Today after reading your post, I went back into Finder and the FAT-named file showed up again (it wasn't in Finder nor File Station last night)! And in File Station I saw 2 copies of the track "Take the 'A' Train" but only 1 copy in Finder!

I copied the 1 copy in Finder to my desktop, went to File Station and tried deleting the 2 copies of the track. (There was no file with the FAT filename which only showed up on Finder.) I had to delete a couple of times before both tracks went to the Network Recycle folder. I then copied the desktop version back to the Music folder using Finder. Ran the Action and received no errors.

Strange behavior. Now that it's solved I'm not going to worry about it. Yate actually helped diagnose a file error so that was helpful.

2MR2PostDecember 3, 2020, 20:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Remember the Mac is doing strange things to get the QNAP filesystem to work for its requirements. QNAP is case sensitive while the Mac typically is not. Somehow you were getting an old 8.3 filename typically used by old Windows file systems. Max 8 characters in the name, 3 in the extension. It's more than a little strange because the QNAP filesystem is definitely not a FAT system.

As long as it's okay now 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.