Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
How to organize late music collection
niktofashPostDecember 17, 2020, 02:39
March 20, 2017, 13:27
Normal topicHow to organize late music collection

Hey, maybe some one can help me or give some advice/solution for my problem. So, I have a large music collection, that I want to sort in folders.
The structure should be:
/<Type>/<Atrist>-<Album>(<Year>)[<Media Type>]
<Type> is: Album/Compilation/Soundtrack/Ep/Single/Live
<Media Type> is: CD/Vinyl/Stream and so on.

So where from id tag can I get this information such TYPE (Album/Compilation/Soundtrack/Ep/Single) form and Type of media (CD/Vinyl/Stream) ?

And hot it can be integrated to processionals multiple folders. Witch patterns should be used? and how the parameters can be passed in to it?

Maybe some one have some code simplest from templates that's solve my problem?

Thanks for helping

Nikto

niktofashPostDecember 17, 2020, 10:21

I have found some information about my problem. The Type is under RELEASE GROUP (https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release_Group/Type) to find. But in this field I have only Album, no Soundtrack. musicbrainz sad that I can be multiple values with + symbol. Is this also in YATE?

2MR2PostDecember 17, 2020, 10:41
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yate is not currently extracting the release type from the release group. I will add it in the next patch or release. yIt will be another import metadata type in the wizard.

2MR2PostDecember 17, 2020, 11:47
Administrator

Sorry the release type can currently be extracted to MusicBrainz Release Type. The metadata item in the wizard is called Release Type. Currently Yate is not importing the secondary release type which I will add.

2MR2PostDecember 17, 2020, 12:34
Administrator

For compatibility reasons the secondary release types are appended to the primary release type. A / is used to separate the values. This has been implemented and will be in the next release.

niktofashPostDecember 17, 2020, 14:47

Wau!! Ist real wonderfull. Thank you very much. Wen will be the next release? or is ist possible to became it as beta?

Thank you very much for such wonderful support.

2MR2PostDecember 17, 2020, 15:20
Administrator

If you're a registered user you can be put on the Preview list. The next release will go out over the next few weeks. As of now it is a tiny release and may not go to preview.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.