Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Yate Database
niktofashPostJanuary 27, 2021, 07:12
March 20, 2017, 13:27
Normal topicYate Database

Hello,

maybe can some one help with databases. Where can I create this? and How can I do this?
How can I make database for Artist and album only?

Thanks for helping

2MR2PostJanuary 27, 2021, 10:46
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

What kind of database do you want? Do you really only want two columns: one for Artist and one for Album?

I can create a track database which will have Artist, Album and File Path. This will have lots of duplicates.

I can also create an album database which will have Artist, Album and Folder Path. This will have ??? entries for Artist whenever all tracks in an Album do not have the same Artist.

I can also create a standalone database which only has Artist and Album where I make sure there are no duplicates. It's a little more work but not excessive. This database will essentially be for viewing only.

Let me know.

VerticalPostAugust 4, 2022, 23:31
Beginner
November 1, 2019, 04:50

I am in the process of going over all of my music, convert from alac to flac, cleaning tags, rescan from Musicbrainz, replace
", | & " with delimiter I have chosen "; " the reason it's Roon's default, Plex only in genre but maybe they expand it to artist also, Kodi I can choose self and I think it looks better.
I'm replacing in Lyricist, Composer, Remixer, Artist, Album Artist, Label, Genre so is there any issues using "; " you know of going forward?

The reason I posted here OP seem's missing in action and the title fits my case. I'm really interested in the hole database idea hoping it could help me fixing finding errors in the tags going along, I have setup the Artist Query Database but I am not really sure how to make use of it, I am a little concern messing up my tags since hopefully this will be my last time doing this complete makeover, the warnings Yate gives when running ARDB: build both databases I don't really get to me it looks like it only adding a Yate Album ID tag is their anything we can't see in the UI.

I'm tagging on one hdd and then manually moving albums to another hdd players are watching can the database's be updated when saving before moving to final destination, I'm not sure since the path won't be correct.

The database idea I was think of at first is one where Yate could tell me if an artist is spelled different than the last time the artist was used, so the more you tag the more clever Yate/database will be and easily pointing errors made in the past.

Hope this post isen't to confusing and you get the idea I really could see this benefit in the long run, thank you...

2MR2PostAugust 5, 2022, 08:05
Administrator

I am in the process of going over all of my music, convert from alac to flac, cleaning tags, rescan from Musicbrainz, replace
", | & " with delimiter I have chosen "; " the reason it's Roon's default, Plex only in genre but maybe they expand it to artist also, Kodi I can choose self and I think it looks better.
I'm replacing in Lyricist, Composer, Remixer, Artist, Album Artist, Label, Genre so is there any issues using "; " you know of going forward?

There shouldn't be any issues using ; as a delimiter. Yate's default multi value delimiter is ;;; but if you really want to use ; you can always change it in Preferences - Audio - Common.

The reason I posted here OP seem's missing in action and the title fits my case. I'm really interested in the hole database idea hoping it could help me fixing finding errors in the tags going along, I have setup the Artist Query Database but I am not really sure how to make use of it, I am a little concern messing up my tags since hopefully this will be my last time doing this complete makeover, the warnings Yate gives when running ARDB: build both databases I don't really get to me it looks like it only adding a Yate Album ID tag is their anything we can't see in the UI.

The saving of the Yate IDs is no different than saving MusicBrainz or Discogs or any other ID. It can't mess up you files. I have no idea what warnings you're getting when building the databases.

I'm tagging on one hdd and then manually moving albums to another hdd players are watching can the database's be updated when saving before moving to final destination, I'm not sure since the path won't be correct.

Databases can be updated whenever you save files. There's a setting in Preferences - File List named When saving files do something in open databases.. Alternately, after moving the files you can do an Update Databases from the main window's context menu. If the database contains Yate Track IDs, the path will be updated.

The database idea I was think of at first is one where Yate could tell me if an artist is spelled different than the last time the artist was used, so the more you tag the more clever Yate/database will be and easily pointing errors made in the past.

Hope this post isen't to confusing and you get the idea I really could see this benefit in the long run, thank you...

There's another set of actions named Duplicate Credit Names which are used to identify names which are close and finds a wide variety of similar representations. It is a multi step process but it found a ton of issues in my collection. The action suite is on the resource page.

VerticalPostAugust 5, 2022, 08:56
Beginner

The warning maybe more of a notice saying to test on a small amount of files.

Are you using ;;; everywhere how about Involved People and Musician Credits?

VerticalPostAugust 5, 2022, 09:22
Beginner

Also think I have my delimiter setup wrong, now I made an action which replaces ", & feat." etc. in fields, It seem's like the wrong way when reading the manual it's really embarrassing. It could helpful to have a look loading your preference file, maybe.

2MR2PostAugust 5, 2022, 09:42
Administrator

The warnings about a small amount of files are so that you can verify your columns are correct.

Involved People and Musician Credits always use a comma as a delimiter. Blame the ID3 spec.

I can't send you my preferences as there is a lot of proprietary stuff in there. Why don't you export your action from the Action Manager (zipped) and email it to me. Simply right click on your action and select Export. Let me know what you're trying to do and I'll have a look.

VerticalPostAugust 5, 2022, 10:28
Beginner

Continue on mail

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.