Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
copy from rating fields to custom field (ROONTRACKTAG)
zeltakPostApril 7, 2021, 01:35
February 20, 2021, 12:14
Normal topiccopy from rating fields to custom field (ROONTRACKTAG)

Hi

i thought this would be simple but my guess in doing things very wrong so messed it up 🙂

so i use Roon alongside apple music. to get my apple music rating tags in roon i use roon's custom rating tag "ROONTRACKTAG".

i have defined the tag "ROONTRACKTAG" in both the general> custom fields and mapped it in the file list>UD custom text mapping. i use unicode symbols to denote stars (appearntly that what's roon expect...) so a 3 star album is denoted as "★★★"

it works well for me and syncs with roon.

i was trying to find a way to copy the rating field in yate to this "ROONTRACKTAG" but i think this is way over what i know in yate so couldn't really get the hang on how to do so.

any ideas on how to approach this?

much appreciated!

Z

2MR2PostApril 7, 2021, 10:49
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Hmm...it's tough to support both Music and Roon at the same time. If you have it working more power to you. Hopefully you set the Yate application preset to Roon in Preferences-Audio-Common.

If you have ROONTRACKTAG defined as a custom field there is no reason to ever use the File List>UD Custom Text Mappings ... in fact it's not advised. Those mappings are an older means of getting a column to work for UDTIs which are not custom fields.

I've uploaded an action to: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RatingToRoonTrackTag.zip

The action is called Rating to Roon Track Tag. The import contains a Custom Field definition for Roon Track Tag. If for any reason your definition is different, simply choose yours when asked.

Where the heck do you see the individual track ratings in Room? I can't seem to locate them.

zeltakPostApril 8, 2021, 05:00

thx for the help greatly appreciated!

Hmm...it's tough to support both Music and Roon at the same time. If you have it working more power to you. Hopefully you set the Yate application preset to Roon in Preferences-Audio-Common.

im not very tech literate so im pretty sure i don't support both..lol 🙂 what i do is basically first process stuff to AM (apple music) and then use CCC to copy (or rather clone) the same AM files to my NAS where ROON is pointed to use as a library..
in this case do you still recommend i use the preset to Roon in Preferences-Audio-Common?

in any case in the roon forums it seems that many other users do similar workflows (since roon dosent help you when your out of the house.. :))

in any case the action you uploaded is fantastic and a great help!

thx so much again!

Z

2MR2PostApril 8, 2021, 07:36
Administrator

in this case do you still recommend i use the preset to Roon in Preferences-Audio-Common?

It certainly provides the highest degree of compatibility with Roon. If you're only using primary tags that would appear in iTunes/Music it won't make a difference. If you're using Musician Credits and you want them handled properly by Roon it's a must.

Glad the action helped.

zeltakPostApril 28, 2021, 08:15

been using your excellent action many time a day over the last few weeks , thx so much for this. wondering if it would be difficult to also create a accompanying action to do the opposite (ie copy `roontracktag` to apple ratings)?

i tried but im pathetic at coding so failed miserably 🙂

best

Z

2MR2PostApril 28, 2021, 10:39
Administrator

Download and install the file at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RoonTrackTag.zip

Both actions are in the zip. The original had a few properties set in the Action Manager which were a hold over from copying and pasting. The action content (ie. the statements) are identical.

Note that the new reverse action can clear the rating as well.

Have fun

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.