Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Newbie questions re selecting and mapping problems
blueraudioPostApril 19, 2021, 08:41
April 19, 2021, 12:26
Normal topicNewbie questions re selecting and mapping problems

I'm a confused new user trying out Yate for first time to organise a messy set of music folders.

In my collection I have a lot of tracks simply organised into Album-named folders.

Using the Musicbrainz or Discog wizards I can find an album, and select the version that looks right (right number of tracks etc.) then I can see the artwork and the release list, and it's all looking magical and cool, but then I go to the next page "drag and drop the rows to change the mapping", and in the filename collumn I always find the tracks are "...not mapped..." and if I get a warning that 'No tracks are selected'.

But I've selected all the tracks in the album folder on the main screen. I've tried looking at the 'select' options in the File menu, but they are all greyed out (eg. In the same folder/not in the same folder etc.)

It's as though Yate won't let me select anything (even though all my track names are blued, or any individual one I click on goes blue - which all looks like selecting to me).

One other thing, that may be related (?) is that all the commands in the Actions/AcousticID menu are greyed out.

All in all I'm not getting very far with this app. Have searched around for tutorials but can't find anything to help with this issue so far.

If any patient bod can help me work out what I'm doing wrong, I'd be grateful.

2MR2PostApril 19, 2021, 09:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicNewbie questions re selecting and mapping problems

There's a lot of information here ... unfortunately it doesn't shed sense on the issue. When the wizards are open, nothing on the menus should be greyed out. Let's see if we can duplicate what you're seeing with your metadata.

Please do the following. Download the Dump Metadata action. It's available on the Resources web page (on the Help menu). Even easier here's a link:

https://2manyrobots.com/YateResources/actions/DumpMetadata.zip

Install the action by dragging the downloaded zip file to the main window's file list area.

Load up the same files in the main window and select them all. Then do an Actions>User Defined>Dump Metadata

When the action starts you'll be presented with a panel. You can select Text Only as the issue has nothing to do with artwork. When the action finishes you'll have a file at: ~/Documents/Yate/metadata.zip

Please email us the metadata.zip file to support@2manyrobots.com. This will allow us to recreate the metadata and filenames of the files you're using. I'll try running it through MusicBrainz and//or Discogs to see if anything strange occurs....or not. Either way I'll be able to tell you what is happening.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.