Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Discogs Wizard - too many requests
pruchaiPostMay 9, 2021, 18:50
September 3, 2020, 11:21
Normal topicDiscogs Wizard - too many requests

So, my Discogs Wizard is stuck with a "too many requests" error and I can not exit it without having to close Yate. It's been sitting like that for hours now. But I have 5800 tracks loaded right now and don't really want to sit there waiting for them to load again.

I know databases are a thing, but I haven't yet figured out how to use them in my workflow, but right now i am sitting here and thinking that some kind snapshot system would be cool. like you edit a group of tracks and need to open some other group. you snapshot your current state, open another group from a snapshot work on those, save state and open another snapshot exactly where you left it. sorting, edit state, selections, and maybe even state of actual files. Don't ever know if any of this is possible, but just throwing it out there.

2MR2PostMay 9, 2021, 19:28
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Not sure if that is possible as it is an entirely new concept and would require a ton of saved state,.

There's a lot going on here. First off I never recommend working on thousands of tracks at a time. Many people do it but the load on the system is quite intense. I'm a big proponent of working on an album at a time ... but each to their own.

Yate follows the rate limits as expressed on the fly by the API so I'm a little surprised to see this error. What happens when you hit the OK button? If it's hung it's a bug and I have to look into it. It shouldn't be exceeding the rate limit and it shouldn't hang.

2MR2PostMay 9, 2021, 22:10
Administrator

There seems to be a ms difference in the rate limit as specified by Discogs in the header responses and the throttling performed by Yate in order to meet the specified limits. I've tested the results with ms accuracy and everything seems okay. However, it is possible to get a 429 error. This could be a difference on the clock on either end or perhaps simply being too close to the limit is sufficient to trigger the error. Your search had 373 releases which causes 373 requests to be fired off. This had a high probability of hitting the threshold. I have no idea if this issue is new or has always been around.

I added a small pad to the delay between requests, 0.05 seconds, and everything seems to be fine.

I just searched for 'Best of' which returned ~10k releases. It's been running for quite a while now and everything seems to be okay.

I'll issue a patch tomorrow.

2MR2PostMay 10, 2021, 09:56
Administrator

Patch is out. Do a Yate>Check for Application Updates.

This must be a recent change on their end as I cannot fathom that the issue has not come up before now. Their rate limiting scheme has not changed in years.

pruchaiPostMay 17, 2021, 15:32
September 3, 2020, 11:21

Thank you! Man, you are on point with the fixes. That's legit. I want to buy a second license as a thank you!

I know the amount of tracks i loaded is insane, but moving to the new laptop Apple Music decided it knows better what to do with my tracks, so I got duplicates and missing tracks for days. It's been 3 weeks of daily effort and library still looks like a bomb went off in it. I am considering of starting a new library, but I am so used to music automatically (60% of the time it works every time) showing up on my iPhone, i can't even think about switching from Apple Music to something else. I guess I just like pain....

Anyway, couple more wishlist things. Or maybe i just need to read the manual...

1. Custom Info Panels.
I very much realize that Yate is power user app, but I would assume most people would not need 10 panels for the info. The amount of metadata I, personally, need is pretty basic and would fit into a vertical half of an info panel if there was an ability to have 3 columns instead of 2, plus an ability to resize the comment text area down to a single text field in a 3 column layout. Beatport Track ID, Release Date, Key, BPM, Bitrate, Part of the compilation, Rating, Love and the only info I have in the Comments field as the Camelot notation of the key. Thats 9 fields that can easily fit into 3 lines. Artwork and typical credits would easily fit into another 5 lines leaving the option of having info panel and the file list on the single side of the window, one above the other, saving a bunch of space.

2. Excel/Sheets like ability to automatically change background of a cell/column based on certain criteria/regex/search term. A visual bookmark of sorts? Lots of possibilities. Highlight only the fields that changed or automatically highlight filename field of a track. Or something you want to keep track of or change, but don't want to use filters at the moment. Keep track of the songs from the same Album, while sorted in some other way Visual notes i guess.
Another use I can think of is space saving - You are organizing and moving music from one location to another and have Path column enabled. Mine is long and I have to scroll side to side all the time. With the highlight, you are simply display the file name and color the cell whatever color when the file is located in "/path/to/destination/folder/where/you/moving/music/to" vs "/some/other/path/you/are/moving/music/from"

3. This one strictly as a space saving measure - ability to combine multiple columns into a single one. Let's say you still want to see your Track duration, Year of release, Disc number, Track number, BPM, Date Added, etc, but strictly for information purposes and not planning on editing as separate cells. 1 combined column will save space and will allow you to easily move all that information vs dragging separate columns left and right.

2MR2PostMay 17, 2021, 15:44
Administrator

All good requests but there are issues.

1 is actually on my ToDo list. I use one Custom editing panel about 99% of the time and it could be improved by supporting three columns.
2 this is a massive amount of work. The editing panels and columns are so entwined that any change tends to break everything. Filters are great 🙂
3 this is not impossible but is intrinsically difficult due to the way columns work in tables, The columns are all bound to a particular type of information so that when you type in an editing panel the changes are reflected immediately in the main window columns. Even read only columns are bound.

As I said, they're all good requests and I'll put them somewhere on my list.

2MR2PostMay 30, 2021, 12:27
Administrator

Something slipped my mind. You can display the Comment area on one line on a Custom Edit Panel. Use Comments (list).

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.